Ben Stanley

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
olsingledigit

Ben Stanley

Postby olsingledigit » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 pm

I have a source who has been watching practices. He says Ben Stanley is a player and a half. Splashing threes, great defense, and incredible size.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
jct1941

Re: Ben Stanley

Postby jct1941 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:31 am

maybe, just maybe he will turn out to be a contributor after all. In the you tube showed him very active (all over the place and in constant motion) so lets hope he is the real deal. Go Xavier!
JTG

Postby JTG » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:35 pm

Has he been cleared yet ? I hadn't heard that he got NCAA clearance, and I wonder why it is taking so long.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:19 pm

Travis indicated in a re+ent article that he has not yet been cleared.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:13 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 pm
I have a source who has been watching practices. He says Ben Stanley is a player and a half. Splashing threes, great defense, and incredible size.
First of all,

I hope your “source” isn’t Muskieman. I remember when he told me Obi Harris was the next Mutumbo. I hope your source’s assessment is accurate, because his defense was not listed as a strength, and he looked like a pretty good bull fighter on the very limited film I’ve seen. However, I’ve read other reports about how good he is offensively, so I’m excited to see him play. Lacking someone to defend big wings, and having a rim protector are the two biggest questions imo. Hopefully, Miles can be the rp, and Carter, Stanley, and Jones can guard tall wings by committee. I’m not displeased that Marshall is gone. In fact I’m giddy about it. However, he is the best multi-dimensional defender X has ever had in my 70 years as a fan.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Only 69 years for me, young man. I lived in Marion Hall.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:15 pm

It is not MM (my source). And he does know basketball. Even though MM was wrong on Obi. It happens. I have missed on a few first impressions myself.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:10 am

I think it was AH who once told me that Terrance Payne would be the next Derek Strong and Will Caudle would be the next Tyrone Hill. Oh well, I had high hopes for Odia, so we all make mistakes.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:13 pm
olsingledigit wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 pm
First of all,

I hope your “source” isn’t Muskieman. I remember when he told me Obi Harris was the next Mutumbo. I hope your source’s assessment is accurate, because his defense was not listed as a strength, and he looked like a pretty good bull fighter on the very limited film I’ve seen. However, I’ve read other reports about how good he is offensively, so I’m excited to see him play. Lacking someone to defend big wings, and having a rim protector are the two biggest questions imo. Hopefully, Miles can be the rp, and Carter, Stanley, and Jones can guard tall wings by committee. I’m not displeased that Marshall is gone. In fact I’m giddy about it. However, he is the best multi-dimensional defender X has ever had in my 70 years as a fan.
HAHA, Ah comes to me for scopes and then tells everyone I said Obi was the next Mutumbo. I guess he is still sore about his failure to gain moderator status.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”