More problems for Miller

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

More problems for Miller

Postby muskieman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:38 am

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Arizona+b ... 2&efirst=7

could include multi-year postseason bans and a full-season suspension for Miller.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
kyzrex

Re: More problems for Miller

Postby kyzrex » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:29 pm

And what is really surprising to me is that the same day that this all came out, they got a commitment by a 4* guard for 2021.

NCAA.....It’s time to drop the hammer on some of these programs or admit that there is nothing you can do about controlling recruiting and just do away with the farce it’s turning into.
#WHYNOTX?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:28 pm

kyzrex wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:29 pm
And what is really surprising to me is that the same day that this all came out, they got a commitment by a 4* guard for 2021.

NCAA.....It’s time to drop the hammer on some of these programs or admit that there is nothing you can do about controlling recruiting and just do away with the farce it’s turning into.
unfortunately, the NCAA doesn't have a good track record in disciplining big-name programs but they have to do something, or the big schools will rule the day and smaller schools will be out of luck. I know one thing, if Arizona is guilty then Cleveland State better not get punished
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:33 am

muskieman wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:38 am
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Arizona+b ... 2&efirst=7

could include multi-year postseason bans and a full-season suspension for Miller.
Been talking about this for years. By the time they act, if they act at all, he will have collected tens of millions of dollars and coached several teams/players he shouldnt have any right to.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:38 am

Board of Regents Trustees: to meet this coming Monday to decide who knows what???? Probably or maybe. to stone wall the NCAA or just let Sean go????
ChitownSteve

Postby ChitownSteve » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Correct me if my memory is faulty, but didn’t Calipari play a significant role in Miller taking the Arizona job, rather than staying at X? And had Miller stayed the following year, the 2009-10 team stacked up to be a very good.

We will never know if Derrick Brown would have remained if Coach Miller did. Had Brown stayed that next season the Musketeers appeared primed to be a Final Four participant, something which has also eluded Miller, even while driving the Lexus.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:36 pm

It is pretty well known that DBrown was not a fan of Mack and once Miller left Brown left for the NBA plus he had already graduated. MIller recruited Brown and they were pretty tight. There is no question that with Brown the next year would probably be one of Xavier's most talented especially since they made it to the sweet 16 without Brown.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:36 am

skyhops wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:36 pm
It is pretty well known that DBrown was not a fan of Mack and once Miller left Brown left for the NBA plus he had already graduated. MIller recruited Brown and they were pretty tight. There is no question that with Brown the next year would probably be one of Xavier's most talented especially since they made it to the sweet 16 without Brown.
Sometimes it is good to speculate the "WHAT IF" here you could have said D Brown stays and didn't we have a couple of players who were highly touted that Miller took with him? Parrom comes to mind The alternative is Book Richards would have still been here and all these problems might have taken down Xavier's program!
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:06 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:36 am
skyhops wrote:
Sometimes it is good to speculate the "WHAT IF" here you could have said D Brown stays and didn't we have a couple of players who were highly touted that Miller took with him? Parrom comes to mind The alternative is Book Richards would have still been here and all these problems might have taken down Xavier's program!
As my dad used to say, “If the dog hadn’t stopped to take a c**p he’d have caught the rabbit. Lots of ifs in the world.”
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:26 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:06 pm
muskieman wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:36 am
skyhops wrote:
As my dad used to say, “If the dog hadn’t stopped to take a c**p he’d have caught the rabbit. Lots of ifs in the world.”
something you do when there is no basketball news and the season hasn't started. :lol:

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”