Paul Scruggs Andy Katz

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Paul Scruggs Andy Katz

Postby muskieman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:43 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
madness31

Re: Paul Scruggs Andy Katz

Postby madness31 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:43 am

Scruggs has been good but there is upside in decision making and execution. He was better than some in both of those last year but he has room to grow. I don't know that I'd expect a breakout season but it is possible. He may just continue to improve and post a good year that gets him a chance to prove himself at the next level. Or he may make a big leap and guarantee himself a spot on an NBA roster.

To me, a breakout isn't necessarily a huge jump in points or even in assists or rebounds but in efficiency. If his TOs are down and his FG% is up then that is a big leap forward. Should ideally net slightly more points and/or assists. It is also possible that his FG% goes down slightly but his points go significantly higher. That may also be good as long as the dip isn't extreme and it is accompanied by fewer TOs.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”