Team Scrimmage today

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Team Scrimmage today

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:50 am

only 300 students allowed. I am sure some deep-pocketed fans may get in too. Blue team against white team. Blue team Miles, Carter, Wilcher, Johnson, Freemantle, Odem are blue Griffin, Stanley, Kunkel, Jones, Scruggs, Ramsey, Tandy. Tipoff 11:15 am
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: Team Scrimmage today

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Blue won 60-64, white lead at half 31-23 Miles played on both teams and looked good at both ends with a nice baby hook and a block Kunkel DNP Odem and KyKy head to head and you can see that practicing against each other is a benefit making the other better. Odem played really good D and took it to the rim but Kyky had a personal 10 point run on some great shooting. Overall inside good outside shooting looked good. The second half was very competitive and Odem brought the D and some nice drives to spark his team. Game went right down to the wire, There are some slick passers on this team, and the new guys, especially the transfers looked like they will fit it. Half-court D was very good and better than last year's team but let's hope that lasts the whole year. Freemantle hit some pick and pop 3s with lots of 3s made by others. Griffin looked good inside with tips and post moves. Stanley and Griffin look strong scoring inside and they did well at the FT line after strong moves inside. One guy I wanted to see was Miles and he looked quick and agile like a posey/brown player with his length he might be a big disrupter. I know everyone always looks great during the preseason and I didn't want to be that hype reporter but when you see these guys they kind of get the adrenaline going. I see about 12 guys that will be fighting for minutes this year and if one guy goes down, heaven forbid, the next guy up will not be a scrub. Now we need Stanley and Kunkel to get approved. Where are you NCAA?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Thanks for the report MM. Excited to see Jones, Odom, and Miles.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:45 pm

I think white won
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:54 am

skyhops wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:45 pm
I think white won
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 178292002/

Seems like winners and scores are fluid
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:07 pm

That article is referencing the first scrimmage

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”