Play like you Cheer!
tjxu97

Re: Hey Ben

Postby tjxu97 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Right-freakin on!!!
cincycanesfan

Postby cincycanesfan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:09 pm

One question, does anyone think we would have red shirted Wilcher or someone else had we known he would be cleared? I love the depth, but 12 is almost too many to rotate in.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Though I watch an average of 122 hours of film per week (I had to scale back because I am writing an Irish Broadway play with Edgecliff), I haven't seen much of Stanley. However, what I've seen leads me to believe he will be able to work himself low into the post and score, and also be a credible threat from 18 feet . I hope I'm wrong, but he also seemed to be heavy footed on defense, which will be problematic against the likes of Creighton and Nova. We don't need another poor post defender.

However, OSD always raves about how good he is during our moderator zoom meetings, so I am optimistic. Even if he isn't a major contributor, this is by far the deepest team X has had.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:16 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:57 pm
Though I watch an average of 122 hours of film per week (I had to scale back because I am writing an Irish Broadway play with Edgecliff), I haven't seen much of Stanley. However, what I've seen leads me to believe he will be able to work himself low into the post and score, and also be a credible threat from 18 feet . I hope I'm wrong, but he also seemed to be heavy footed on defense, which will be problematic against the likes of Creighton and Nova. We don't need another poor post defender.

However, OSD always raves about how good he is during our moderator zoom meetings, so I am optimistic. Even if he isn't a major contributor, this is by far the deepest team X has had.
He is here all night folks...
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:25 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:

Good one Homer. Big Ben didn’t show much in his debut, but neither did Kunkel in his. My reliable inside source is still high on him!
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:59 am

olsingledigit wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:25 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

Good one Homer. Big Ben didn’t show much in his debut, but neither did Kunkel in his. My reliable inside source is still high on him!
I have a lot of optimism about Stanley. I've heard several reports during the preseason that he was one of the best players on the team. Tough to make your first start in a close game against a physical team with athleticism and length.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:34 pm

[/quote]

[/quote] that describes most f the teams in the Big East.

I have a lot of optimism about Stanley. I've heard several reports during the preseason that he was one of the best players on the team. Tough to make your first start in a close game against a physical team with athleticism and length.
[/quote]

That describes most of the teams in the Big East!
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”