Marquette Thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Marquette Thread

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Wow!

Carte being in the game for an end of the half play is the "mosta" ball sized bad decision number one. Tandy, Kunkel, or ANYONE ELSE SHOULD have been in. Then, to have him as the clear primary option for the shot was Planet size error number two. Steele has been coaching a good game, but those kinds of decisions can be the difference in a close game.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:01 pm

X shooting better from the three than the field, how many would have said that in the last few years? MU shooting 10 percent higher from the field. Like Jones work and the only person that is ice cold from the field is Free 0-5
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:07 pm

Colby running a good point, but Free is forcing shots. I like the token pressure, especially with X's depth and Mquette's lack of. I don't mind the zone either, but only if Johns is in and Griffin is out. Wojo was smart early on with an obvious game plan to attack X's undersized post players. They scored a lot mid-range in early on. Need Free to show up this half offensively. Otherwise, he needs to sit, and play Griffin.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Free and Carter will struggle against BE especially on D. Call a TO to get a 3 from Carter
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:20 pm

Kunkel, Tandy, and Free in the game at the same time is a baaaad idea. Three poor defenders. Need to stagger playing times of Kunkel and Tandy, so they don't play together.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:32 pm

X has the ability to hit from mid-range which is also a nice look. Big K with some nice 3 the old fashion way. Need to stop the drives for layups

Keep pushing it and see if Marquette has the horses
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Carter has lost all confidence in his Free Throws but needs to get these last 2
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Carter is single-handedly blowing the game for X, with an assist from Steele.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:13 pm

Kunkle for the win. Carter owes Big K some beers
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:16 pm

7-10 from three in second half

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”