Marquette Thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Marquette Thread

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:20 pm

Kunkel bails both out. Happy to see Tandy partake in the celebration. Carter is probably a sub 50% FT shooter dating back to last yr in last few minutes of close games. He is nervous in tight situations. Steele should know that Mquette is also pressing so why not bring in Jones for Carter? Even though he made both after missing the previous four, Steele should have called a t.o. to bring a better FT shooter in. I'll take the win. My weekly call with Steele this week will not be for the PG 13 and under crowd.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:38 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:20 pm
Kunkel bails both out. Happy to see Tandy partake in the celebration. Carter is probably a sub 50% FT shooter dating back to last yr in last few minutes of close games. He is nervous in tight situations. Steele should know that Mquette is also pressing so why not bring in Jones for Carter? Even though he made both after missing the previous four, Steele should have called a t.o. to bring a better FT shooter in. I'll take the win. My weekly call with Steele this week will not be for the PG 13 and under crowd.
do they give you meds before or after you post? BTW Carter percentage from the line this year was 83+%
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:43 pm

First of all - Hot Damn that was fun!! Now an unusual request. Can someone please post a link of the FS1 feed for that last play? My silly wife took a nap with 8 minutes go go and I would love to show her the finish and prove you just NEVER SLEEP ON OUR MUSKIES!
thx
gundun

Postby gundun » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:49 pm

X-lucidityn Even though it was on Fox, SC should show it tonight
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:52 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:43 pm
First of all - Hot Damn that was fun!! Now an unusual request. Can someone please post a link of the FS1 feed for that last play? My silly wife took a nap with 8 minutes go go and I would love to show her the finish and prove you just NEVER SLEEP ON OUR MUSKIES!
thx
https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketb ... er_beater/
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
XavierBob

Postby XavierBob » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:57 pm

Steele made a great point in the postgame, right now Paul is playing as well as any Big East guard. We have all, and rightfully so, questioned his leadership abilities. So far he has worn that mantle well. Adam was the hero but let’s not forget what Paul did and has been doing. Carter is a damned if you do and damned if you don’t. He does a ton of little things that help you win. I think that is why he is on the floor in end game situations. Usually reliable at the line, today, not so much. Fouled a jump shooter, cardinal sin, thankfully it didn’t ruin a great team effort. Lots of weapons totally different than the last two years.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:03 pm

thank you MM!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:06 pm

Nice to get a win vs a good team. Carter should not be on the court in crunch time, which is insane considering he is a fifth year senior. Steele did not look comfortable the last minutes as well, but luckily we had Scruggs, Kunkel, and Johnson
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:28 pm

this team has a lot of weapons from 3 and scruggs can tear you up with an open middle. X is a well rounded offensive team. Their biggest question mark is interior D and O. The good thing is what they lack in interior and give up 2 points, they can hurt you with the 3. I am hopeful that Stanley can give real minutes on the interior D and even maybe Miles for a few minutes a game to spell some of their bigs. Especially if a possession away from tv timeout on D. I know Miles gets pushed around but it would be good to get some additional help there. Griffin has done ok but struggles at the line. Great game especially without Odom.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:57 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:03 pm
thank you MM!
just wanted the X-ucidty household to have a happy wife

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”