Re: Marquette Thread

Postby muskieman » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:16 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:52 am
muskieman wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:38 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:20 pm
Kunkel bails both out. Happy to see Tandy partake in the celebration. Carter is probably a sub 50% FT shooter dating back to last yr in last few minutes of close games. He is nervous in tight situations. Steele should know that Mquette is also pressing so why not bring in Jones for Carter? Even though he made both after missing the previous four, Steele should have called a t.o. to bring a better FT shooter in. I'll take the win. My weekly call with Steele this week will not be for the PG 13 and under crowd.
do they give you meds before or after you post? BTW Carter percentage from the line this year was 83+%
Mman,

How many times have I told you to use more than the blue crayon in the jumbo box of 24 I've given to you. During his year+ tenure with X, as I've stated, Carter is a poor ft shooter in the closing minutes of close games at the line. In the last two, he was 1-2 at UC, and 2-6 against Mquette. He was the same way last year. He just gets the yips. Some guys have ice water in their veins. He ain't one of them. Also as stated, he is a valuable player on the team with his defense, rebounding and passing, but he is a sub-par offensive player. Thankfully, he is not needed to be a primary scorer on this team.

As Joe Biden says Anti, "you are a one-horse pony" mixing his metaphors again. I agree he is not needed to be a primary scorer because he has other pluses you fail to acknowledge. It must be idyllic to live in your world. You point to two games but miss his averages in the last few years. You miss the things he brings to X's game because you are focused on one thing he doesn't do to your liking. Maybe you should quit your finger painting and try crayons as you grow up.

I am sure you missed calling out Freemantle and Griffin because of their poor FT stats, I mean Zach has had one decent game from the line, or maybe those will be your next victims of the amazing Anti-homer sarcasm. One of the great things about Travis and the coaches they look at the total package and understand what the team needs and when they need them. You on the other hand like that armchair Monday morning perch you use to throw your criticism.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
madness31

Re: Marquette Thread

Postby madness31 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Amazing game by Scruggs and Kunkel. Scruggs is playing at an NBA level.

Carter had a bad game. Travis was wrong to have him in the game at the end and Carter should not have been the guy in the corner. Carter brings a lot to the team but when up by 4+ in the closing minute, X should play 4 guards. The 5th player should be a big but the key is to have ball handlers, quick players to get open for the inbound and ideally make FTs. Plenty of good shooters and confident players on this team to not have Carter receiving inbound passes even if he is the 4th option. 5th option is fine.

I see the history of Scruggs a bit differently than an earlier comment. He made the best decisions among the poor decision makers he was surrounded by the past few years. When everyone around you is doing stupid things it is difficult to always play the right way. He started this year taking, what I believed were questionable shots but based on recent performance, his shot may be better than I gave him credit for. His % was solid past couple years but his form was bad which makes it hard to give an ok shooter the benefit of the doubt. His form looks better this year and shots have been falling the past few games. I still prefer the bulk of his shots coming in the lane driving, turn around fades, and pullups but if his shot is legit he should take several open opportunities each game.

Johnson is also huge. Him making shots makes this team so much more dangerous.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”