It happens to the best of them

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Lead Guitar

Re: It happens to the best of them

Postby Lead Guitar » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:21 am

These lopsided losses can happen to any team, primarily because of the 3-pt shot being on or off. Just ask Oklahoma who just beat West Virginia but lost badly to us or Louisville that were demolished by 30+ against Wisconsin. X has adapted to or is building a Villanova or Creighton style team. We will have occasional match-up problems and games where are shots are not falling. We hope that they are few and far between. Last year we had the best rebounder in the league but we had no consistency from outside. This year we don’t have the aircraft carrier inside but we do have a 5 that can hit a 3.

Everything is relative, but even in the NBA the days of Chamberlain or O’Neal appear to be gone. The 3pt shot is the difference maker. Hit the 3 and open up the middle for drives, dunks, and dishes. Great entertaining style for the fans. There will be days....
bluegrass

Re: I happens to the best of them

Postby bluegrass » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:52 pm

MOSQUETERO wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:53 pm
Does anyone here remember losing to LaSalle 80-49 at home during the 1999-2000? I remember it was on a Sunday and I was rushing to the Gardens to watch the game. In a season we knocked off #1 Cincinnati.
That was ugly.As I recall Mo McAfee was the PG on that team.D West was a freshman.Not a real satisfying season
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:38 pm

bluegrass wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:52 pm
MOSQUETERO wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:53 pm
Does anyone here remember losing to LaSalle 80-49 at home during the 1999-2000? I remember it was on a Sunday and I was rushing to the Gardens to watch the game. In a season we knocked off #1 Cincinnati.
That was ugly.As I recall Mo McAfee was the PG on that team.D West was a freshman.Not a real satisfying season
What was really Ugly was the lost to St Francis PA in Jan of 1994 when Brian Grant, Tyrice Walker, were Seniors and the team had Jeff Massey, Michael Hawkins, Pete Sears, Steve Gentry, and Eric Edwards. X was 22-8 (8-2, 1st in Mid West) that year and was 14-2 before that game. They picked up that game as a road game on the way to Philly to Play LaSalle AND BTW I had forgotten about it till this topic was brought up. PS the bus got stuck in a snowstorm and the team had to help put it out of a snow drift if I recall correctly.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:59 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:00 pm
skyhops wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:10 pm
Not sure I would compare Kansas and Xavier especially the past three years. I’m not content with getting blown out at home.
and I dare say Kansas fans are not content with their team getting blown out... in fact what fan would be happy after their team is blown out and Antihomer doesn't count?
Another unprovoked attach by my co-mod. The anger wall keeps getting higher and higher.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:59 pm
muskieman wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:00 pm
skyhops wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:10 pm
Not sure I would compare Kansas and Xavier especially the past three years. I’m not content with getting blown out at home.
and I dare say Kansas fans are not content with their team getting blown out... in fact what fan would be happy after their team is blown out and Antihomer doesn't count?
Another unprovoked attach by my co-mod. The anger wall keeps getting higher and higher.
attach? BTW you need to get someone to explain what the term anger means, also get them to explain envy
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”