St Johns vs Xavier 1.6.2021

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

St Johns vs Xavier 1.6.2021

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:42 pm

Hope the guys come out playing both ends like we know they can. Hold Champagnie down and SJU to under their average of 82.6
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
sweet67

Re: St Johns vs Xavier 1.6.2021

Postby sweet67 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:12 pm

Our Muskies will roll.

The Johnnies aren't very good and haven't played in 2.5 weeks.

This one will get ugly.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Johnson needs to get his shot back
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:39 pm

Our shot selection and offense is dreadful. Steele still not sure what lineups to play.
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:47 pm

skyhops wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:39 pm
Our shot selection and offense is dreadful. Steele still not sure what lineups to play.
Agree. It seems like he’s worried too much about balancing everyone. He needs to start figuring out who to lean on and decrease the roles of guys like kunlel, Stanley, and Jones.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Agreed and way too many transition buckets after one shot
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:06 pm

X with 6 players with 2 points. Freemantle with 1 point but doing good work on rebounds with 7. X dismal from 3 points so that must change. 8 blocks for St Johns
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
AirJordan

Postby AirJordan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:47 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:12 pm
Our Muskies will roll.

This one will get ugly.
Prescient of you but maybe in a different way than you thought. That was an ugly first half and I keep asking myself why, if SJU isn't very good and has not played in 17 days, why is this game tied? Not only is it tied but there was a point (with SJU up by five) when I feared a run would take X out----just like Seton Hall.

I have long argued that Steele will soon start to look like a veteran coach. I believe that most people promoted into big jobs, simply aren't ready and need time to hone their craft, gain confidence and get better. If you allow an adequate amount of time (assuming you picked the right guy in the first place) patience will be rewarded. I believe that and accordingly, with guys like Steele, I we just have to grit your teeth and give him time.

So, I thought with our early season win streak that, finally, finally Steele is arriving. But, after two straight losses, one of them a really bad one, and now another ugly beginning, I'm losing confidence in my position. And I'm losing confidence in Steele. Most importantly, our team seems to lack confidence; in our coach and in each other. We continue to jack three-balls, even as SJU extends its defense. We miss free throws, don't defend the paint, commit dumb (really dumb) turnovers, make horrible mental mistakes like stepping in the lane early nullifying made free throws, set moving screens and keep running in guys, like Tandy, for a just a few minutes and pull him out again before he can even get into the flow of the game. We make the same dumb mistakes game after game. Is our coach adding any value to this team? There is talent on this team; way more talent than the team they are playing.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:02 pm

AirJordan wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:47 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:12 pm
Our Muskies will roll.

This one will get ugly.
Prescient of you but maybe in a different way than you thought. That was an ugly first half and I keep asking myself why, if SJU isn't very good and has not played in 17 days, why is this game tied? Not only is it tied but there was a point (with SJU up by five) when I feared a run would take X out----just like Seton Hall.

I have long argued that Steele will soon start to look like a veteran coach. I believe that most people promoted into big jobs, simply aren't ready and need time to hone their craft, gain confidence and get better. If you allow an adequate amount of time (assuming you picked the right guy in the first place) patience will be rewarded. I believe that and accordingly, with guys like Steele, I we just have to grit your teeth and give him time.

So, I thought with our early season win streak that, finally, finally Steele is arriving. But, after two straight losses, one of them a really bad one, and now another ugly beginning, I'm losing confidence in my position. And I'm losing confidence in Steele. Most importantly, our team seems to lack confidence; in our coach and in each other. We continue to jack three-balls, even as SJU extends its defense. We miss free throws, don't defend the paint, commit dumb (really dumb) turnovers, make horrible mental mistakes like stepping in the lane early nullifying made free throws, set moving screens and keep running in guys, like Tandy, for a just a few minutes and pull him out again before he can even get into the flow of the game. We make the same dumb mistakes game after game. Is our coach adding any value to this team? There is talent on this team; way more talent than the team they are playing.
Thanks for that post and the team must be reading it as they take an 11 point lead and St Johns hasn't scored in the last 5 minutes.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:06 pm

The Johnnies are putrid offensively. Goodness.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”