Providence vs X game thread 1.10.21

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: Providence vs X game thread 1.10.21

Postby skyhops » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:02 pm

I know we he can do based on last year all big East freshmen team and early games this year. This isn’t CYO basketball. Steele has run off many players last few years and this is supposedly one of “his” players. Tandy in the long term is more valuable than Kunkel especially if Kunkel especially if he continues to shoot like Q from three.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:47 pm

skyhops wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:02 pm
I know we he can do based on last year all big East freshmen team and early games this year. This isn’t CYO basketball. Steele has run off many players last few years and this is supposedly one of “his” players. Tandy in the long term is more valuable than Kunkel especially if Kunkel especially if he continues to shoot like Q from three.

If Tandy continues to shoot 1-5 from 3, like he did over his last 18 minutes of playing time, or the stellar 39% he is shooting overall for the season.....what then? If he continues averaging 1 TO for every assist....what then? If he continues to miss defensive assignments...what then? Do you just keep playing him? When does it come to the point where you realize he is what he is and that another player is a better option? Your right this ain’t CYO BB. You don’t get to play just because your on the team. You earn playing time by production...in ALL phases of the game.....in practice and during actual games. What he did last year, or even earlier in the season doesn’t matter. Go back and look at his stats in the December and January games, he hasn’t been productive since November in the games. Who knows about practice? (The coaches, that’s who)
#WHYNOTX?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Kunkel is shooting 25% from 3 and has been worse the last few games. Steele better not lose Tandy because it won’t be easy to replace him. I’m sure Tandy is not the first ever pre-Madonna with a meddling dad that has played college basketball. This ain’t CYO
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:33 pm

skyhops wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 pm
Kunkel is shooting 25% from 3 and has been worse the last few games. Steele better not lose Tandy because it won’t be easy to replace him. I’m sure Tandy is not the first ever pre-Madonna with a meddling dad that has played college basketball. This ain’t CYO
You kidding? IF Tandy continues to play like he has since November, it will be EASY to replace him. All they will have to do is call down the bench. I think he has lots of potential, but he’s just not been getting it done over the last 2 months. Sooner or later that potential has to result in production or you’ve got to go in another direction. If he was producing in practice he would be getting the chance to show that he could do it in games. If he isn’t getting playing time in games it means one of two things. Either he’s not earning game minutes by playing well in practice, or he’s hurt. Possibly the latter is causing the former. It been announced that he has an injury, so for now I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Bottom line...those that practice well get to play. If Tandy gets to a point where he is practicing well, he will get the opportunity to play. If he plays well in the minutes he is in there, he will earn more minutes. But if you look at his stats in games since November, there really isn’t one single thing that you can say that he has consistently done well. Beyond the stats, looking at the film, the coaches can even see more.
#WHYNOTX?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”