Pat Kelsey and Winthrop 15-0, 20 game win streak

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Pat Kelsey and Winthrop 15-0, 20 game win streak

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:48 pm

madness31 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:58 am
Regardless of competition, the record confirms Pat is a good coach. He is recruiting against the type of teams he plays so winning and winning means something.

From my limited interaction with him, he is an intelligent guy and hard worker. Would not be shocked if he walked away from situations with questionable morality.

Despite my harsh comments toward Steele after the Butler win, I am not ready to pull the plug on him just yet. Hopefully he continues to learn and improve but if he proves his talent is primarily in recruiting then I'd strongly advise X gives Kelsey serious consideration.
I like Pat as a player, as a coach, and as a person, he is good with the talent he has but I bet some here that love him so much would be calling him out for the loss against a 10-9 Ashville.. I watch that game and some of the criticism made about Travis would have applied with that loss.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
madness31

Re: Pat Kelsey and Winthrop 15-0, 20 game win streak

Postby madness31 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:35 pm

Pat was on the coaching staff for the defenseless Mack years so I suspect I'd have issues with Kelsey as coach. I miss the Miller defense.

Defense should always be a player's source of pride. Anyone can score, it takes effort and determination to defend.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”