So now that games are cancelled

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
madness31

Re: So now that games are cancelled

Postby madness31 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:26 pm

I have mixed feelings on playing games with reduced personnel. I'd love to watch the games but those games would theoretically have a greater chance at losses with reduced personnel. Missing out on the post season because of a couple losses that would not have been losses with a complete team would be tragic.

Fewer games at full strength is acceptable. If the covid cases are players 10+ off the bench then I'd rather see the games be played.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:42 pm

madness31 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:26 pm
I have mixed feelings on playing games with reduced personnel. I'd love to watch the games but those games would theoretically have a greater chance at losses with reduced personnel. Missing out on the post season because of a couple losses that would not have been losses with a complete team would be tragic.

Fewer games at full strength is acceptable. If the covid cases are players 10+ off the bench then I'd rather see the games be played.
maybe a game with reduced players would mean bench players would get playing time and fans could see why they are bench players. I once heard Sparky Anderson say; "play a bench player long enough and you will see what makes him a bench players
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:13 pm

With this Thursday's gm vs Depaul now lost, this season is now officially an ongoing train wreck. I'm sure Steele, staff and the Admn had the best of intentions, but they have failed miserably in controlling the virus protocol. The games, practices, and team building opp's lost I feel is beyond the point of repair. We may limp into a 9 seed, but going to be a shadow of the team we could'a, would'a - should'a been able to field.
Shame. The frustration just builds each new day.....
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:43 pm

So DePaul apparently decided to not play Thursday's game.Do they have issues or just don't want to come down and not play? I don't know who's fault this is.They did great until last month staying healthy.Are these guys just not following protocol or is it bad luck?.Seems like a lot of teams are playing all their games.Seton Hall and Creighton haven't missed any league games
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:14 pm

bluegrass wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:43 pm
So DePaul apparently decided to not play Thursday's game.Do they have issues or just don't want to come down and not play? I don't know who's fault this is.They did great until last month staying healthy.Are these guys just not following protocol or is it bad luck?.Seems like a lot of teams are playing all their games.Seton Hall and Creighton haven't missed any league games
Many teams can ask those same questions about our Muskies.

We really arent in position to question another team or play the blame game.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:17 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:13 pm
With this Thursday's gm vs Depaul now lost, this season is now officially an ongoing train wreck. I'm sure Steele, staff and the Admn had the best of intentions, but they have failed miserably in controlling the virus protocol. The games, practices, and team building opp's lost I feel is beyond the point of repair. We may limp into a 9 seed, but going to be a shadow of the team we could'a, would'a - should'a been able to field.
I agree. This college season has turned into a joke and needs to be shut down.

No way you can crown a legitimate National Champ with all of the different obstacles some teams have had to overcome. I cant believe potential NBA picks and seniors are sticking around for this nonsense. Sitting in a dorm and playing 1 game a month is awful.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:28 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:14 pm
bluegrass wrote:

Sweet always looking for a way to take a shot at "your" Muskies. I do agree that while X had a case (as they have three times this year), games shouldn't be played. However, i think if both teams have followed protocol, and are deemed safe, they should play. You just never know when you will get that opportunity. This is a situation where Depaul is just choosing not to play because X coming off protocol.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:38 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:13 pm
Blaming Steele for this is LUDCRIST, I guess Jay Wright was the fault for Nova missing a month of games with their total games postponed 10 and counting. (Same number as X) How about UC 27 days, and of course Michigan men's basketball has postponed Thursday's game against Illinois, extending the program's two-week pause. Some teams had the pause early and others are having it now and some have been just plain lucky.
Xavier's current pause began after the Butler game and Butler played UConn prior to that game and a Ref tested positive. UConn had two games postponed after that Butler game. DePaul's game with Nova is postponed tomorrow Who knows what team is next.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:43 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:28 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:14 pm
bluegrass wrote:

Sweet always looking for a way to take a shot at "your" Muskies. I do agree that while X had a case (as they have three times this year), games shouldn't be played. However, i think if both teams have followed protocol, and are deemed safe, they should play. You just never know when you will get that opportunity. This is a situation where Depaul is just choosing not to play because X coming off protocol.
How do you know DePaul is just choosing not to play? I havent seen that reported. But may have missed it.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:45 pm

I am sure UK, Duke and Mich State maybe even Kansas wouldn't mind this season ending early, or will it be necessary for Coach K to suddenly have back problems again.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”