Daniel Ramsey

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Daniel Ramsey

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:43 pm

Anybody have a clue what is going on with him? I remember a week after his concussion, Steele kept saying he'll be on the court "any day now" whenever asked. That was 15 months ago. We know as much as I adore Coach Steele, he is prone to hyperbole and contradictory statements, but we're headed in the 16 month of no Bball. I feel badly for DR, and I'm sure there is a legitimate reason as to why he isn't playing, but he was a heralded recruit, and one who Steele expected to contribute as a freshman, but all we hear are crickets about his status.

Then again, he said the same about Miles and and Tandy, so.........
muskieman

Re: Daniel Ramsey

Postby muskieman » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:43 pm
Anybody have a clue what is going on with him? I remember a week after his concussion, Steele kept saying he'll be on the court "any day now" whenever asked. That was 15 months ago. We know as much as I adore Coach Steele, he is prone to hyperbole and contradictory statements, but we're headed in the 16 month of no Bball. I feel badly for DR, and I'm sure there is a legitimate reason as to why he isn't playing, but he was a heralded recruit, and one who Steele expected to contribute as a freshman, but all we hear are crickets about his status.

go back and look at past posts. Someone had info on him. You think you are a moderator so you have the power to find it.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
AirJordan

Postby AirJordan » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:43 pm
I don't know what is going on with Ramsey. I would like to know what is going on.

But, you identified one of my issues with Steele. He says things, like the situation you just mentioned. Whatever he talks about doesn't occur in the manner he presented but then, nothing. He doesn't feel a need to clarify or follow-up and I wonder sometimes how serious he was in the first place. Was he just talking and if he was being serious, why do things not proceed as he said they would? Why, at some point, does he not re-visit his original comment and provide more information? That behavior, to me, damages his credibility. I still recall his hyperbolic comment that last year's team would be Xavier's best defensive team.

I can imagine an individual in his position (who is constantly in front of the press) is going to be quoted saying stuff which later appear inaccurate. Still, I can't help but think Steele, at times, needs more focus when talking to the press. If this is a noticeable issue to us, does it occur in his communication with the team? I'm not suggesting I know because I don't. But, if we notice it and it also happens in Steele's communication with the team, then that can become a serious leadership issue.

I am not as strong a supporter of Steele as are you. Still, I don't want to make a bigger deal out of this than it warrants. But, your comment reminded me of other times it has occurred. As I started to think about it, it just doesn't seem random. It occurs too often for that.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:06 am

Pretty logical questions since he has been cleared to play. I’ve heard like most that injury is more severe than initially believed, but Steele needs to address since he is cleared. Also, no reason for Miles not to see some minutes if he is part of the future especially the way our front court has played and with the recent injury. We can’t afford to lose any more players.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:46 pm

skyhops wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:06 am
Pretty logical questions since he has been cleared to play. I’ve heard like most that injury is more severe than initially believed, but Steele needs to address since he is cleared. Also, no reason for Miles not to see some minutes if he is part of the future especially the way our front court has played and with the recent injury. We can’t afford to lose any more players.
I'd like to see any of our players getting some playing time soon.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Hnoz

Postby Hnoz » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:59 pm

Good to see him get some minutes and be a contributor!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:14 am

Great to see him get minutes and help change momentum and then Steele strikes again and he doesn’t see the floor in second half.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:33 am

skyhops wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:14 am
Great to see him get minutes and help change momentum and then Steele strikes again and he doesn’t see the floor in second half.
the fact that the kid hasn't played D1 basketball because of his knees in over 18 months (actually, i don't think he's ever been IN a game?) is probably more why he didn't play in the 2nd half. Steele has to ease him in. Byron Larkin said Ramsey's knees are basically "bone on bone" and he doesn't know how he will get through even one season of D1 basketball. now, that was last year. not sure what medical procedures/rehab/etc have been done to combat/heal his knees, but that doesn't sound good, so maybe Steele HAS to be cautious with his minutes in the beginning.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:36 am

Probably the same reason Tandy didn’t play the second half in favor of Kunkel and Johnson.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:07 am

skyhops wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:36 am
Probably the same reason Tandy didn’t play the second half in favor of Kunkel and Johnson.
doesn't really apply to Kunkel because he only played 7 minutes and as i said on the other thread, Nate was still a +15 in 35+ minutes while Tandy was a net zero in 7 minutes. but i do believe that Tandy's minutes will keep creeping up in the next few games, as long as he takes care of the ball and doesn't jack unnecessary 3's.

Nate will find his stroke again. i think Kunkel will as well so Tandy better pick it up at practice if he wants to see the floor more.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”