UConn game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

UConn game thread

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Let's go X. Need to keep them off the boards
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: UConn game thread

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:19 pm

UConn off to a slow start and X is hitting threes. Keep it up guys but don't fall in love with the three. Jones in game
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:22 pm

Miles appearance for the first time in a long time.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:25 pm

UConn 8 points and X struggling to score
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:26 pm

Odom, Miles, and Carter in the lineup at the same time. Interesting. Not surprising, but interesting. Coincidence that UConn on an 8-0 run, as Carter misses another shot. Eerie shades of Creighton game when X took a huge lead, and Steele took out his out all his hot players. Reminds me of being seven yrs old at X mas, and getting a 12 pack or Barbies......I mean Hot Wheels. Randomly played with different ones.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:31 pm

Freemantle is showing nice signs as he is shooting a high percentage but UConn is making threes.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:35 pm

I think Odom is going to be a very good player, but has been playing awful since league play. At least Steele applies the same measuring stick to all all his players. UConn missing their best player by far, and another one of their best, Martin, is hobbled. Steele continues to players checkers against coaches who play chess. Great recruiter though.

BTW, did the best three point shooter in the country who hit his only shot of the game while playing solid defense get injured? X is getting torched, and having a hard time scoring. Did I mention Steele can recruit?
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:38 pm

AH is correct. Simply have to keep at least four of our top six out on the floor at all times this game. Come on Steele, this isn’t fourth grade CYO
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:45 pm

UConn statistically is a poor shooting team from deep, but has buried several threes. Law of avg.s will catch up. However, they have been scoring within 10 feet and in at will. Perhaps go to zone for a few of possessions?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Oh good, carter is back in.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”