Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: UConn game thread

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:31 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:27 pm
Now UConn taking some early poor shots.
Thank you
Law of avg.s catching up w/UConn. X is getting abused off the bounce. They need to compress the lane, concede the three and rebound. Caveat: have a guy within 8 feet of a three point shot. Steele needs to not get cute with lineups the rest of the game and they'll win.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Uconn extending the D, and X has no one who can beat them off of the dribble. Wish X had someone on the bench who could.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:40 pm

three trips down and three points each time, 2 conventional, not good
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:46 pm

In four of five trips UConn has scored 12 points. X cannot let them sustain that pace.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:51 pm

Letting an 11 point per game guy score 21 at this point is not good. Shame that so many missed FTs too.
gundun

Postby gundun » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:52 pm

I don't even think the UConn shots touch the rim. Nothing but net
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:55 pm

This loss puts us now in a huge bind. Will need to beat a decent team on the road as well as hold serve at home from here on out.
I assume Tandy is either injured or Steele wants him to transfer. No other explanations
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:04 pm

Nice to see Free have 28 points but 2-7 from the three and 50% from the field didn't help X. I want to see more Nate threes
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:27 pm

41 bench points for UConn today, X had 13. Watching UConn this season I feared their talent despite their losses they looked tough in most of their games, I watched. Their three-point star today was a transfer and scored 40 points for Howard in one game so he can score but it looks like they are 9 deep
Paul had an off game scoring but had an outstanding 12 assists and wish he had had one more to Nate instead of his last three-point when X was down 4.

I am sure X might have had a little less stamina than UConn when Paul looked gassed a couple of times in the game.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:41 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:27 pm
41 bench points for UConn today, X had 13. Watching UConn this season I feared their talent despite their losses they looked tough in most of their games, I watched. Their three-point star today was a transfer and scored 40 points for Howard in one game so he can score but it looks like they are 9 deep
Paul had an off game scoring but had an outstanding 12 assists and wish he had had one more to Nate instead of his last three-point when X was down 4.

I am sure X might have had a little less stamina than UConn when Paul looked gassed a couple of times in the game.
Oh Lord, I admire your ability to contort logic. However, you pulled the wrong excuse out of the bag. Remember when X squeaked by bottom feeders the first week of play? The excuse of too many games consecutively was worn out. Now that they've played two games in thirty days, it's because they're gassed? I think the more plausible reason is they changed the flavor of Gatorade from lime to orange. The obvious reality is much harder to swallow.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”