KyKy

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: KyKy

Postby muskieman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:54 pm

xavier71 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:32 am
The KyKy Tandy situation sort of reminds me of when Charlie Weis was coaching Notre Dame. They finished 2009 6 - 6 and were 16 -21 for the last 3 years. I asked a friend, who played for ND, how could a team go 16 - 21 while having a top 5 recruiting class year after year. His answer, player development, they're not learning anything when they get there. There may be other reasons why Tandy doesn't play, but if defense is the reason, that's a joke. X just gave up 80 points to a team ranked 285 in scoring. Player development and in-game coaching are not TS strengths.
We may never know but with KyKy the team may have given up 90 points but of course, they would have scored a few more points than they did, or not.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:40 pm

This KyKy thing/player and many other reasons why I never spend much time reading about recruits. Players for basketball and or football etc are recruited....they do not accept, they commit, they de commit and go elsewhere, they accept and or come to a school, then never start or play at all or not much at all, then they transfer /leave!!! What a waste of time and effort following the process ..lol. I only get interested in a player when they actually get to play and show they can perform and contribute. Many are recruited, few are chosen, fewer accept, and even fewer really get to play the game.
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:04 pm

With this Covid-19 hanging over everyone's head it's hard to get a read on anything. How can the players show any progress when they truly haven't had any meaningful practices since early in the year? Heck they've only played 4 game since New Year. So many variable, maybe it's off the court issues... Good luck young man... The grass isn't always greener... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”