Butler Game thread 2/21

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Butler Game thread 2/21

Postby muskieman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Normally about now we are talking about how the Seniors have hit their Senior short-timer status and are leading the team with solid games. Paul, Nate, and Carter (except for last night). Like I said last night, I was very happy to see Ramsey play. I hope it was not his last time or that they wanted to get him a highlight tape for his next team. He had the attitude you like to see from a bench player which is to leave it all out on the floor in the minutes you have playing. Nate, Paul, and Adam are head-scratchers. They all need to keep taking shots when they are open but Nate took a couple he should have passed up last night. I hope it is only a temporary problem but the season is almost over so they may need to get hot for the BE tourney and NCAA As for Tandy, I am glad he hit that three but he was 1-3 from the three
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Thrilled X won...Had a 2-3 possession lead against a CBI caliber team missing their three best players late into the game until pulling away with 90 seconds... Tandy and Ramsey gave good minutes while Carter was customarily miserable, and Kunkel, who has been playing bad basketball since the Marquette game, was again awful, and forced and missed a ton of bad shots....Steele continues to be completely overmatched coaching at this level....Hope X sneaks into the tourney with their very faaaaavvvvvvvooooorrrrrraaaabbbbllllleeeee schedule this year.......I like Steele personally, root for him, but become even more convinced he ain't got the goods at this level......Hope I'm wrong, but sadly, he proves me right game after game after game.........
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:23 pm

Great news! Scruggs won the gold jersey for 7th time this year! Crossing my fingers that Ramsey and Tandy won the silver and bronze jerseys. Also, on another positive note, Wilcher won funniest hat for today's practice! Should translate into more pt.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”