Postby Musketeer1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:15 pm

edgecliff hall wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:10 am
jtg, agree.
Seconded.
Musketeer1

Re: Coaching Options

Postby Musketeer1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:30 pm

Thanks to all who responded to my prior post. I do not believe comparisons to other coaches and circumstances by analogy, implication, attenuated fable, or otherwise, to be evidence. Nevertheless the point about patience is well taken. And, irrespective of whether some of us have lost patience, the reality is that the current head coach looks to be the head coach for the immediate future. For those who wrote at length (I will refrain from including the page long quote of quote of quote litany) your thoughtful comments are appreciated. We all take a moment or two here and there (some more often) to break away from the doldrums and weigh in on this program that means a lot to each of us. I am looking forward to a day when the chatboard is filled with discussion of an upcoming Final Four matchup for the Muskies, rather than anxious palaver and perseveration over their struggles and shortcomings.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:56 pm

XU2011

Postby XU2011 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:27 pm

JTG wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:44 am
I think Steele would be fine had he picked a better staff. He has no one to bounce things off of. The entire staff are strictly recruiters. People might laugh, but I'd grab Gaudio and Murray. Gaudio has seen it all clear back to the Gillen days, in various different conferences.
Maybe it would help, but why would the school hire a coach who is not ready to do the job? That is "on" the AD.

If we need Gaudio or Murray to come teach him how to coach, we should just admit it was a poor decision and hire one of them to do the job. Why pay two head coaches?

What did he not learn over 9 or 10 years with Mack and any number of other competent assistants that is suddenly going to become apparent with one of these guys in 2021/22?

I'm not saying all coaches don't haver room for development, but most of that development should happen in an assistant role or as a head coach at a lower level program.

I hope for a turn-around in the coming season.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”