MaCio Teague of Cincinnati...plays for Baylor...?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Xavier2005

MaCio Teague of Cincinnati...plays for Baylor...?

Postby Xavier2005 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:37 pm

Interesting to note that MaCio Teague played High School basketball his senior year at Walnut Hills in Cincinnati , averaged 26 points a game, and was the leading scorer in OHIO in Division One. But he played his first 3 years at UNC Ashville and then transferred to Baylor for his senior year.
olsingledigit

Re: MaCio Teague of Cincinnati...plays for Baylor...?

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:53 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:37 pm
Interesting to note that MaCio Teague played High School basketball his senior year at Walnut Hills in Cincinnati , averaged 26 points a game, and was the leading scorer in OHIO in Division One. But he played his first 3 years at UNC Ashville and then transferred to Baylor for his senior year.
Your point being? Oscar Robertson played his high school ball innIndy. We know where he ended up. Kyle Macy played his high school ball in Indy and he ended up at Kentucky. It happens.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:06 am

One thing about Baylor that stands out is how these guys use the weight room. Their guards all look like point guards the way they handle and pass some here act like it only happens the ball. Zags didn't know what hit them although they did cut the lead to ten at half... wow, when it team comes back on X some here think it never happens to anyone else. Congrats to Baylor they looked like the undefeated team and took it to the Zags from the tart.

Congrats to the Zags for having a great season but I guess Mark Few is human.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:03 am

Baylor’s ability to play defense and get up and down the court is reason why they have been a number one seed and blowing out teams this year. Agreed their guards strong and athletic and everyone can rebound. I can’t imagine Kunkel, Jones Or Freemantle guarding anyone on their team similar to when we got pushed around by Gtown. X is not in the same class as some of these teams unfortunately
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:50 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:03 am
Baylor’s ability to play defense and get up and down the court is reason why they have been a number one seed and blowing out teams this year. Agreed their guards strong and athletic and everyone can rebound. I can’t imagine Kunkel, Jones Or Freemantle guarding anyone on their team similar to when we got pushed around by Gtown. X is not in the same class as some of these teams unfortunately
apparently, there were not many teams that matched up with Baylor. We knock coaches but one is the strength coach and after seeing Baylor and the way they handled the Zags I wonder why our guys can't look similar. Look at Vitale at 6'5" and 250 but can run the floor and rebound with the big boys. They were men on that floor and only Cryer and Flagler at 6'1" are slight of build and they are underclassmen. Baylor has Teague and Mitchell as transfers and Baylors transfers represent over 50% of Baylor's points this season. I read were every team in the final four had a transfer and Houston had 4 transfers of their starting five. Folks the transfer portal is the new normal for successful teams.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”