Xavier Transfers (update)

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
longliveskip

Xavier Transfers (update)

Postby longliveskip » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:45 pm

Thought it may be good, with the Portal the way it is, maybe to have a thread just on our transfers, where they're headed and for previous years - how they're doing at their new schools.

Daniel Ramsey - Tennessee Tech
CJ Wilcher - Nebraska
KyKy Tandy - ????

Feel free to update on any players from previous years:

Dontarius James - Jacksonville. scored 17.5 ppg this past season. Started 21 games. team went 11-13 and finished 2nd to last in the ASUN
profson

Re: Xavier Transfers (update)

Postby profson » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:15 pm

James entered transfer portal again around March 24. Have not seen an update.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:54 pm

profson wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:15 pm
James entered transfer portal again around March 24. Have not seen an update.
I went to the portal and Jacksonville lists no one. You would think by now it would be updated.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 am

I think this year's "portal" transfers is about 1200. Obviously an all time high. Even the UK program cannot keep players, as 5 freshmen leave UK. 3 freshmen are declaring for the NBA draft, even though they do not know if they will be drafted and another 2 freshmen have entered the "portal" to transfer to another college. I think the failure of UK to make March Madness may be a big reason many are leaving. The 'portal" of transferring to other colleges will be a major factor in "changing" many team's for better or worse in each of the upcoming years. (ie UK lost 5 freshmen, most were guards, but UK picked up a Davidson portal guard player that averages over 25 points a game.)
AirJordan

Postby AirJordan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 am
I think this year's "portal" transfers is about 1200. Obviously an all time high. Even the UK program cannot keep players, as 5 freshmen leave UK. 3 freshmen are declaring for the NBA draft, even though they do not know if they will be drafted and another 2 freshmen have entered the "portal" to transfer to another college. I think the failure of UK to make March Madness may be a big reason many are leaving. The 'portal" of transferring to other colleges will be a major factor in "changing" many team's for better or worse in each of the upcoming years. (ie UK lost 5 freshmen, most were guards, but UK picked up a Davidson portal guard player that averages over 25 points a game.)
UK might be a bit unique (but less unique with each year, I'm afraid). Calipari's strategy to recruit the "one and dones" virtually assures that no recruit selects UK with the intent of staying more than one or two years max. So, not surprising to see so many of them move on, especially when the NCAA has given them a free hall pass to so do. I was, however, surprised to see the exodus out of SJU. Mike Anderson was B.E. coach of the year. He did a great job, in my opinion, of matching the team's playing style with its personnel and the Johnnies had one of their best seasons of recent vintage. I did not expect to see six (I think) players hit the transfer portal.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:37 am

Daniel Ramsey new team Tennesee Tech, good luck
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:13 am

You forgot Carter going back to OU
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:27 am

Dahmir Bishop

for St. Joe's this past season

started 13 of the 19 games. averaged 7.7 pts and 3.1 reb per game. shot 29% from 3 and only 32% overall.

didn't see St. Joe's play at all this season so can't comment on his play.

know for sure that he was very homesick at X so getting to play in his hometown I'm sure helps him.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:22 am

Heard we just picked up Nunge from Iowa, that’s a good pick up if he can stay healthy
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:25 pm

agree "Hops, have not seen it confirmed but had a UC buddy text me this a few minutes ago as he was JEALOUS...!
Could be, if healthy as you say, just what the Dr. ordered...! Allows Free to go back to "4".

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”