predictions for dayton

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
millersdad

predictions for dayton

Postby millersdad » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:33 pm

I predict that XU will win 88-80. I Believe that it will be a close game but XU Will pull away in the final 2 minutes. Burrell will have a big game along with lavender Brown and BJ. Duncan and Love will not do that well. What are your predictions?
XavierTragedy

Re: predictions for dayton

Postby XavierTragedy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:52 pm

Nothing but "gut" to base this--I really do think X will win, and win pretty big. I see a well balanced effort (on O and D) and given that ud is a bit banged up and not on par with X away from the Dump, it could be a blow out.
Xman95

Postby Xman95 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:22 am

Hope I'm wrong, but I have a BAD feeling about this one. I see UD winning 79-76. I just haven't liked what we have done defensively lately and that won't match well with a guy like Roberts. Sure, maybe Hammer can have another great shutdown effort, but I think Roberts is too good to completely stop. Add in the fact that we usually wind up giving some opponent a career night... Again, I just have a bad feeling about this one.
"I was in Dayton, Ohio recently. You know what is a fun thing to do there? Pack up and get the **** out." -- Dave Attell
XLFan

Postby XLFan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:25 am

Xavier plays much better at home. Dayton has been playing well, but without Little and Wright,. Xavier wins by 20.
bjf123

Postby bjf123 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:33 am

Xman95 wrote:Hope I'm wrong, but I have a BAD feeling about this one.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. The only thing that has me thinking we might win is the game is at Cintas. If we were playing at UD, I'd say we had no chance, based on our less than stellar play of late.
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:46 am

my prediction a Xavier win. My hope is for pain and more pain for dayton every time they play the one the true and only leader in the A-10.....yourrrrrrr Xavier musketeers

A nice B-day present for the old muskieman
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
CarlosTheJackal

Postby CarlosTheJackal » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:46 am

Who wins a game in the 50s? 60s? 70s? 80s? I can't get my head screwed on right over the matchups, the momentums.

Dayton coming off a loss. Dayton will have had 8 days to get ready. Are Wright and Little really that injured? How to we handle JRob? What do we do about a big presence under the basket? Do we live by the 3?

One thing for sure, this is a hot rivalry game, and anyone with a ticket is going to get a great show.
stewiex

Postby stewiex » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:54 am

I think with UD's injuries we will be way too deep for them to run with us. I look for X by 15.
ford

Postby ford » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Obviously Stan's D on Roberts will be key, but also overall solid perimeter defense. In the big games UD has won this year, they have really been able to shoot it well from 3, despite having some pretty inconsistent shooters besides Roberts. I really liked what I saw from CJ at GW, and also Drew and Stan penetrating. They can't hang with any of those guys off the dribble, and will hopefully draw some early fouls.

78-64 X
gladdenguy

Postby gladdenguy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:18 pm

I believe our starting backcourt scores a combined 33 points, and Love adds a double double. Xavier wins 82-69.
Time for another streaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”