predictions for dayton

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
basketballfan

Re: predictions for dayton

Postby basketballfan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:31 pm

XavierTragedy wrote:Nothing but "gut" to base this--I really do think X will win, and win pretty big. I see a well balanced effort (on O and D) and given that ud is a bit banged up and not on par with X away from the Dump, it could be a blow out.

I agree, although Conference games are harder to blow out! Dayton has been dealt two significant player losses, something difficult to overcome...The future without them may be difficult and cost them dearly in other Conference games as well. Kind of reminds me of losing Duncan at Arizona St. and for Tennessee...and Raymond at Temple. Although the Arizona St game was loaded against us being 2 and a half days after the UC game, not to mention the 2000 travel into two different time zones.
X Factor

Postby X Factor » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Relax folks. Xavier wins this one 72-58.

UD can't hang with Duncan, CJ, and Derrick, and Love down low.

Drew, Stan, and BJ will take of the perimeter.

UD doesn't have enough offense after Roberts to win at the Cintas.

Binnie, Sandoval, Perry, Huelsman, Warren, and Cordiero etc don't worry me.
xuhuh!

Postby xuhuh! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:27 pm

the scary, hostile crowd at The Cintas will be good for 10 points...X by 11!
MuskieSuperFan

Postby MuskieSuperFan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:39 pm

I think that psychologically the Muskies need games with serious implications to play well.. and ironically this year Dayton is ranked.. This is perfect for this type of team who seems to play well when they are underdogs (Although I dont think we should be in this case).And as stated before this post, we are at home. Therefore, expect Xavier to win 74-67. Expect a big game from SB.
vee4xu

Postby vee4xu » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:04 pm

A couple of weeks ago when X was something like 13-2, Sean said that the team was closer to 14-1 than they were to 10-5. Right now, that is still a true statement, inasmuch as x is closer to 17-2 than they are to 13-6. Conversely, if you apply the same thinking to ud , I think at 14-2 they are closer to 11-5 than their current record, or say 15-1. Given this and the fact that the game is in Cincy tells me that X is poised to win the game, and could do so going away if a some things fall in their favor. Namely, rebounding, stopping Roberts, limit turnovers and share the ball. Othewise, the game will be close and ud having been involved in such games on the road at Miami and Holy Cross could be emboldened. So, get after ud early, get a big lead and play with that lead. Given the lack of depth that ud has, if X plays tenacious defense, it will eventually wear out ud.
Smooth

Postby Smooth » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:53 pm

X by 16. It will be close until about 10:00 left. Walk-ons in at 2:00.

Long live Jimmy Carter.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :?: :!: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
No, I be concubining.
Xpress

Postby Xpress » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:19 am

Prediction? Pain.... Clubber Lang

millersdad

Postby millersdad » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm

I SEE THE BACKCOURT DOING THE MOST DAMAGE AGAINST UD IN THIS GAME WITH SOME HELP FROM BROWN AND RAYMOND. Roberts is going to score but be held under his average by Burell.
XU Prop

Postby XU Prop » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:27 am

If we are shooting well from behind the arc I think we win pretty big, however if we struggle behind the arc, it really could be anybody's game. When Xavier is 'on' and the 3 pointers are falling we are a very very tough team to beat.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”