It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:12 am

Board index » Xavier Basketball Chatboards » Xavier Men's Basketball All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: And Coach Mack is on Musketeer Madness as well asking
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:46 am 

for the LOUDEST game ever in the history of the Cintas Center. You say NO students. I say NO excuse. We need our fans to be a TRUE 6th man this Sunday at 1pm. Our team needs you early. Our team needs you loud. If you're just going to come to the game to watch, give your tickets up. Heck, you can WATCH from home. I want our arena rocking!! Calling all PARTICIPANTS. This isn't a marketing ploy. This is your head coach, sitting at his home computer asking for the best fans in the country to come alive for 40 game minutes on Sunday LIKE NEVER BEFORE.

A-10 teams dis-like coming to our incredible arena. They need to FEAR it. I know the 5 guys on the floor and our bench will play very hard for you on Sunday. We need the 10,250 in blue seats to be one big, living, breathing, loud and raucous 6th man. I want EVERYTHING you have. I want a curfew of midnight for all ticket holders. You're going to need your rest. Sunday will be the most fun you've ever had at a Xavier game. On our end we are working with marketing to make sure the pre-game intros, music, etc are ON it this Sunday.

My staff asked, "How will the fans know it's really you posting on the boards?" I told em that I'll confirm it on twitter. So if you're not a follower, no big deal but that's where skeptics can go. No marketing gimmick here. Wear blue. Stand. Be loud. Get it done. I realize not all Xavier fans come to message boards. That's okay. Copy and paste this and email your X friends. I'm giving the same message to Shannon Russell at my 2:40pm press conference tomorrow. I want to win. Our players want to win. Help be the reason we win! Let's get it!!!!!

Sorry to just duplicate the post (my copy and paste skills at work) but let the point be heard. And X fans be heard. The LOUDEST game in the history of the Cintas Center needs to be played on Sunday at 1pm. Let's get it!!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: And Coach Mack is on Musketeer Madness as well asking
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:13 am 

Nice to have you with us, Coach!

Edgecliff Hall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:57 am 

"Spring Break In Student Section!" Spring Break has been cancelled. We'll be there! :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:11 am 

Some/many of us will be watching and cheering from many miles away, Coach, and certainly wish the team (and coaching staff) nothing but the best on Sunday, and in every other game.

BUT, now that you're here----

(1) If and when Redford is healthy enough to play, will you find a way to get him open more often? Should HE be working on ways to get himself open?

(2) Will we see more of Robinson the rest of the way?

(3) Why do we have so much trouble inbounding the ball in end-of-game situations, especially when other teams don't seem to have the same trouble against our pressure?

(4) After 27 games as head coach, what one thing surprised you the most about being the head coach after years as an assistant?

(5) Curb Your Enthusiasm or Seinfeld?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:26 am 

Atta boy, Coach and welcome.

Great job so far and props to the kids. The Lew Hirt Society and the entire Xavier community is right there with you.

All the lower level blue hairs need to get up and bring it on Sunday. This is a bigger game than the Bore-cats.

Everybody, do this!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:06 am 

This is just incredible. I don't expect Coach Mack to read our replies, but if you do coach, I want to give you MAJOR, MAJOR props for pulling this one off.

Rest assured you will hear my wife and I cheering all the way from Raleigh, NC on Sunday. I will also be calling people I know who are going to the game and making damn sure they are doing everything they can to destroy their vocal cords come Monday morning.

GO X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:54 am 

That's for dropping in , coach.
If I could, I'd meet with the former coach here in Tucson and have a beer or two while watching the game but I doubt he'd accept my invite.
I'll be watching on the tube to see how the on site fans react to your message.
PS. MM, MOR and the rest of you - put on your cheerleader outfits.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:56 am 

I fully expect to lose my voice for three days like I did after the UC game. I told my friends and family that if they don't lose their voice due to this game as well then I am disowning them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:33 am 

Mr. Neutral wrote:
Some/many of us will be watching and cheering from many miles away, Coach, and certainly wish the team (and coaching staff) nothing but the best on Sunday, and in every other game.

(1) If and when Redford is healthy enough to play, will you find a way to get him open more often? Should HE be working on ways to get himself open?

(3) Why do we have so much trouble inbounding the ball in end-of-game situations, especially when other teams don't seem to have the same trouble against our pressure?

(4) After 27 games as head coach, what one thing surprised you the most about being the head coach after years as an assistant?

Boooooooooooo!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:48 am 

Mr. Neutral wrote:

Really? :?

C'mon man....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Xavier Basketball Chatboards » Xavier Men's Basketball All times are UTC - 5 hours