Looks like a rough year for the Lady Muskies

Talk XU Women's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral

Looks like a rough year for the Lady Muskies

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:50 am

3-13 overall, 0-3 in the conference so far.

RealTimeRPI.com predicts them to finish 5-22 overall and 2-12 in the A10. I can only hope that Coach Waugh is establishing her style of play and making recruiting inroads for future classes.

Can anyone who's seen them play in person give me their thoughts on what the team actually looks like?
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
hogster

Re: Looks like a rough year for the Lady Muskies

Postby hogster » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Muskieman it has been a long year already. It all started with Katie Rutan transferring to Maryland. Tykeisha O.Neill a junior college transfer in who was projected to play pg. Injured her knee and is out for the year. Lakeisha Crouch who sat out her entire freshman year due to a knee injury has just begun to play after the first of the year. Taj Wilson a transfer in foward from Michigan State left program before season started. Most athletic player and leading scorer Lynette Holmes is suspended indefinitely. Freshman foward Liz Stratman quit the team. We only have eight players and the eigth player Walker has not played a minute this year. She only played fifteen minutes last year Makes me wonder if she cannot play why did Amy renew her scholarship. So with seven players we have no depth. We are averaging nineteen turnovers a game. Returning senior starter Moss not having a good year compared to last year. We are a horrible three point shooting team 23.8%. And lastly we do not have much speed. Hopefully rcecruits coming in next year and possible transfers in can speed up the rebuilding.
Mr. Neutral

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:27 pm

It's not uncommon for first-year coaches to have a rough go of it, and lose some players in the transition. As I said, I can only hope that Coach Waugh is building for the future.
xu88grad

Postby xu88grad » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Sad to say I think 5-22 is going to be their record this year, unless some miracle walk-on shows up to play.

Any word on why Liz left the team? It couldn't have been for lack of minutes, and she was fun to watch.

Sparky
jamesking

Postby jamesking » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 am

Tonight is the last non-conference game. Perhaps a realistic goal for the team is a .500 record or better in conference play.

It's easy to get spoiled by the recent success of past teams, but I'll root for any Xavier team that is playing hard and giving good effort.
Mr. Neutral

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:18 am

6-6 so far, which is an improvement over last season, certainly. All you want to see is steady improvement, and that seems to be happening so far.
sabalo

Postby sabalo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:53 pm

That kind of positive attitude is needed. I hope the team will take over this way of looking at things.

Return to “Xavier Women's Basketball”