Congrats! Sweet Sixteen

Talk XU Women's basketball here...
PeterG

Congrats! Sweet Sixteen

Postby PeterG » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Just watched the Lady M's beat Vanderbilt in a cliff-hanger, having to come from behind in the second half. This gets them to the Sweet Sixteen for only the second time in history. Great poise and execution at the end. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
joe abe

Re: Congrats! Sweet Sixteen

Postby joe abe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Fantastic comeback!!! I got home in time to watch the 2nd half...Man o Man what a coaching job and gutsy play by the Muskies..Sweet 16 Baby!!!!
xukeith

Postby xukeith » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:28 pm

how many programs have this year a mens and women's team in the NCAA sweet 16?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:03 pm

xukeith wrote:how many programs have this year a mens and women's team in the NCAA sweet 16?
UK, Tenn, baylor, Duke and if West Virginia wins that would make 6.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
ChiTownX

Postby ChiTownX » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:16 am

Great comeback, those clutch 3 pointers by Rutan kept them in it and Harris finished it off. Much love from Chicago and lets keep in going against Gonzaga.
xuhuh!

Postby xuhuh! » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 pm

5 of us bought tix at the door. Nice turnout. Vandy was very good, from SEC, is used to good competition, Tenn, LSU, et el. I wasn't sure X was going to make it but a late surge and crowd eruption made everything come together at the end. The Lady Musketeers were overcome by emotion at the end and I saw many 'teers from players and lady fans.
xu_fan

Postby xu_fan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 am

xuhuh! wrote:5 of us bought tix at the door. Nice turnout. Vandy was very good, from SEC, is used to good competition, Tenn, LSU, et el. I wasn't sure X was going to make it but a late surge and crowd eruption made everything come together at the end. The Lady Musketeers were overcome by emotion at the end and I saw many 'teers from players and lady fans.
Yea, I noticed all the emotion too. It was almost like there was just so much pressure to win and such an exciting game, and then they actually pulled it out in the end. I think some of the girls were just overwhelmed. So happy for them!

Return to “Xavier Women's Basketball”