Who should be shooting

Talk XU Women's basketball here...
oldhoopster

Who should be shooting

Postby oldhoopster » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 pm

In looking over the stats I have to wonder why the lowest percentage shooter in the top six players on this team has taken the second most number of shots on the season. Only Amber Harris has taken more shots than Tyesha Moss. Moss only shoots it at 30% and in the couple of games I've seen has been like 2-14 and 2-12. She seems to have a good assist to turnover ratio and lots of steals, so I know she brings a lot to the game, but should she have more shots than Ta'shia Phillips? Maybe she should be directed to dish a little more and let the better % shooters do a little more on the offensive end. If nothing else, keep pounding it into Amber and Ta'shia. Just a thought.
finalfourorbust

Re: Who should be shooting

Postby finalfourorbust » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:09 pm

oldhoopster wrote:In looking over the stats I have to wonder why the lowest percentage shooter in the top six players on this team has taken the second most number of shots on the season. Only Amber Harris has taken more shots than Tyesha Moss. Moss only shoots it at 30% and in the couple of games I've seen has been like 2-14 and 2-12. She seems to have a good assist to turnover ratio and lots of steals, so I know she brings a lot to the game, but should she have more shots than Ta'shia Phillips? Maybe she should be directed to dish a little more and let the better % shooters do a little more on the offensive end. If nothing else, keep pounding it into Amber and Ta'shia. Just a thought.
The only way that you can get it into Ta'shia more is to start hitting some outside shots and so far nobody is hitting them. If Rutan ever gets her stroke back I think you will see Moss shooting less and Rutan more. It's hard to get the ball inside when the players that you are trying to get it to are always triple teamed. Amber gets her shots because of her athleticism and unlimited range. Ta'shia's strengths are all inside. She gets the ball by hitting the boards after missed shots.

Return to “Xavier Women's Basketball”