New Coach

Talk XU Women's basketball here...
Mikey22

Re: New Coach

Postby Mikey22 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:20 am

Xavier has made an excellent choice. I can assure you Amy will recruit better guards who are first rate shooters - something sadly lacking during the last regime - and will do a great job of coaching and motivating her team. People here forget how incredibly tough and focused Amy was as a player -- very Pat Summit-like -- and I hope she can instill that focus and toughness in her players. I think she will recruit much like our men's program has recruited over the years, finding potential in players and "coaching them up." Xavier has made its rep by making its players better each year and getting them to play hard - often beyond their perceived skill set. Amy is the ideal person to put that pattern into the women's program. Very excited to have her back and excited for the coming seasons.
fanforlife9

Re: New Coach

Postby fanforlife9 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:21 pm

I certainly agree with you Amy has the drive and desire to win. That was clearly evident as a player and I expect it to be even stronger now that she is our head coach. Her leadership and work ethic to always improve and work hard will help our team in many ways. Looking forward to a "new kind" of Xavier basketball!

Return to “Xavier Women's Basketball”