Supreme Court legalized sports betting ..nationally? does this cause

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Xavier2005

Supreme Court legalized sports betting ..nationally? does this cause

Postby Xavier2005 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:45 pm

The Supreme Court just ruled that there can be no national/federal law controlling sports betting or deciding who can or cannot do it. The right to sports betting and how is now up to each state to decide by state law. This will increase sports betting and make it legal and generate revenues for each state. So, does this also mean that point shaving, buying refs, and or buying players will increase due to increased betting??? Will college and or professional games be fixed....more in the future???
Jesseandrippers

Re: Supreme Court legalized sports betting ..nationally? does this cause

Postby Jesseandrippers » Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Of course it increases the risk. Anytime a new or significantly increased revenue stream is introduced, some people work tirelessly to gain an edge. However, if they do it, I hope they leave amateur sports out of it and eliminates spread-betting.

Today’s Analytical capabilities on bet sizes / timing should be able to detect most fixed events as long as the algorithm continues to learn from itself. Nothing is perfect but today’s game isnt squeaky clean either.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 am

I saw this the other day and said "Ron will be all over this" I guess you were busy yesterday.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:56 pm

First Take show ESPN , Tuesday May 15..debated the sports betting issue. Does not make it so...but... all 3 individuals debating sports betting ask....which sport has the most to lose from this??? Right or wrong ...all 3 said college sports has the most to lose due to "corruption" of the sport and outcomes etc. College sports may or will be the sport most corrupted ??? by increased betting???
Numnuts

Postby Numnuts » Tue May 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Somebody, somewhere will try to game the system but legalizing means the betting can be taxable.
It sure as hell doesn't entice me to bet on anything. Gambling away money I worked for is not my cup of tea.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:59 am

Ok X is building a new chapel. But since the Catholic Church believes in money festivals, bingo, etc it is time to build a sports betting parlor on campus grounds, so X can benefit from this new revenue stream LOL LOL LOL.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:51 pm

june 7,2018....2 year investigation claims that around 100 refs for soccer matches in Africa took bribes(to fix games? i guess?). If there is big money on games...the likely hood of a possible fix, or bribe, etc is always there. Sports betting increases will or might increase game fixing.!!!???

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”