Nova Game Thread 1-18-19

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Nova Game Thread 1-18-19

Postby muskieman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:20 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 pm
One thing for sure, X is playing better each and every week, against better competition. I have to give Steele a lot of credit. As a moderator it is probably a good time for me to chastise some ankle breaking posters on this board, who relentlessly criticized my coach. No need to call out names, as that's beneath me. As Shadow can attest, i had dozens of names i submitted for a time out during our weekly conference calls, but he talked me out of it, I think due to pressure from the advertisers. Despite my disdain for fair weathered fans, take comfort in the knowledge that AH's hand is out to pull you back onto the bandwagon.
Ah with his comic relief act.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 pm
mumuskie87 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:48 pm
Well...at least X didn''t get beat by 20.
But their low BB IQ surfaced the last 12 minutes.
Marshall is a talent but he is the poster child of what you said.
I thought Marshall's overall numbers tonight were not bad and every player has some brain fart plays. The better players are nitpicked but tonight if you missed it Naji had 7 assists to go along with his 15 points. Sure he shot terrible from the three but why didn't Paul take more than 2 threes?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Happy for our team improvement......where was Hankins in the 2nd half??? Hope he's not injured..we ran out of gas again late....Nova substituted early and often.....Steele had a great game plan why no hankins ? he made the game plan work...he played a total of 14 minutes and 6-8 from the field with 6 rebounds????? 14 min are u kidding me????
Last edited by joeabe on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:36 pm

joeabe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 pm
Happy for our team improvement......where was Hankins in the 2nd half??? Hope he's not injured..we ran out of gas again late....Nova substituted early and often.....Steele had a great game plan why no hankins ? he made the game plan work...
TS said he went with Jones because Hankins was having problems in the man to man. Just reporting guys what he said.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:40 pm

We got zero chance of winning witht Hankins only playing 14..If we had another scoring option ….If my aunt had a set of balls she'd be my uncle too
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:42 pm

muskieman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:27 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
mumuskie87 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:48 pm
Well...at least X didn''t get beat by 20.
But their low BB IQ surfaced the last 12 minutes.
I thought Marshall's overall numbers tonight were not bad and every player has some brain fart plays. The better players are nitpicked but tonight if you missed it Naji had 7 assists to go along with his 15 points. Sure he shot terrible from the three but why didn't Paul take more than 2 threes?
5-16 from the field, including 1-7 from 3 (a couple 10 seconds into the shot clock), where he makes about 17% of them. He rebounds well, and actually passes well on the drive. However, he plays too fast and lacks composure. His only good offensive move is driving in the lane, where he would make a lot more shots and draw more fouls if he wouldn't fade away.

He also flicks the ball on short jumpers, as opposed to squaring up. It's too bad, because he can take most defenders off of the dribble.

As far as Scruggs goes, his numbers speak for themselves. Also, Nova marked him very closely, but to his credit, he didn't force up a bunch of bad shots. It's not helping the argument for Naji.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:44 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:42 pm
muskieman wrote:
Anti-Homer wrote:

5-16 from the field, including 1-7 from 3 (a couple 10 seconds into the shot clock), where he makes about 17% of them. He rebounds well, and actually passes well on the drive. However, he plays too fast and lacks composure. His only good offensive move is driving in the lane, where he would make a lot more shots and draw more fouls if he wouldn't fade away.

He also flicks the ball on short jumpers, as opposed to squaring up. It's too bad, because he can take most defenders off of the dribble.

As far as Scruggs goes, his numbers speak for themselves. Also, Nova marked him very closely, but to his credit, he didn't force up a bunch of bad shots. It's not helping the argument for Naji.
who would you have playing his spot tonight?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:48 pm

muskieman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:44 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
muskieman wrote:

Nobody. You're missing the point, I didn't say he shouldn't be in, but he should play smarter. He just seems to lack an awareness of game situations. Kind of like when we play chess, and you trade your queen for my knight.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:56 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:48 pm
muskieman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:44 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

Nobody. You're missing the point, I didn't say he shouldn't be in, but he should play smarter. He just seems to lack an awareness of game situations. Kind of like when we play chess, and you trade your queen for my knight.
another Buzzfeed announcement... I never play chess with people that think you jump a piece to get it. Like I said you can nitpick a player and the best one to nitpick it the guy everyone expects to always be the star. I bet we can find your posts from last year beefing about Tre's misses. I agree that he can take most people off the dribble but as we have seen they don't just use the man on ball as the only defender. Hey, I am a big complainer about his three point shooting and I wish he would be like more like Tre's ability to rebound in games.
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:41 pm

joeabe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 pm
Happy for our team improvement......where was Hankins in the 2nd half??? Hope he's not injured..we ran out of gas again late....Nova substituted early and often.....Steele had a great game plan why no hankins ? he made the game plan work...he played a total of 14 minutes and 6-8 from the field with 6 rebounds????? 14 min are u kidding me????
One of the game announcers said he was pulled because he wasn't playing defense.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”