Who is ready to talk about next season???

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Xavier2005

Who is ready to talk about next season???

Postby Xavier2005 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 pm

lol lol the subject says it all. Have some humor fans....this season is just a practice round for next year.
hoosiermark

Re: Who is ready to talk about next season???

Postby hoosiermark » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:30 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 pm
lol lol the subject says it all. Have some humor fans....this season is just a practice round for next year.
believe me, the season still going on. Big East tournament could turn the entire season around. The talent is here.
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:13 am

hoosiermark wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:30 pm
Xavier2005 wrote:
believe me, the season still going on. Big East tournament could turn the entire season around. The talent is here.
Mark we have the worst overall record in Big East and most thought we had a modest ooc schedule. And we are tied for lastin Big East standings. I think I will skip NY this year. I would like to know how our recruits are doing in h.s. This year?? Muskieman??
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:20 am

Looks like Bishop and Tandy are going to be studs, but that can be said for the last two classes. It is difficult for frosh to make an immediate impact. Hopefully Q and Naji will find a jump shot.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:44 am

Hops don't see either developing a very good jump shot. Some improvement but you are what you are. The biggest problem for Naji and Q is that they see themselves as the best or one of the best scoring options. Naji was able to supplant Gates last year because X didn't need Gates' shooting. X had the big 3 so Marshall gave them a mismatch at the 4 where he could be a 4th option and a good defender. Goodin never looked for his shot until a few out of body experiences in Big East play. People wondered why Louisville and UK didn't go after him strongly-its because he cant shoot. Last year, he had room because teams extended on Tre and JP and Gates when in the game so he could drive which he does well. Not this year. X needs to see if they have something in Harden and Kennedy now. My gut tells me that Steele is not looking at them for the future given their extremely inconsistent playing time. X will need some shooting from their freshman next year or we will see a repeat of this year (unless they find a couple of grad transfers that can shoot). X was looking at Sean McNeil from Sinclar Junior college in Dayton. He looks like he can shoot but it is JUCO ball so who knows. He does however looks like he can create better than Welage. Bottom line, offensive basketball is all about spacing and without a balance of shooters and an inside game, X will struggle.
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:50 am

On the Sinclair website the kid's current stats are outstanding. I believe X had a successful Cincinnati State transfer 10-15 yrs ago (Brandon McIntosh), as well as Massey, Sears, etc.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:20 am

Agree with all X-pert and I was just kidding about Q and Naji. Naji thinks he is a SG and Q thinks he is a PG. not sure about McNeil I’m from Dayton and I don’t think he can handle big east maybe I’m wrong. Harden is out the door after this year and James too maybe Kennedy but I hope not.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 pm

hoosiermark wrote:
Xavier2005 wrote:
Sorry but the talent is not here this year.We only have 10 players and only 7 play.I could make the case that only 5 are a threat to score.I like to be optimistic but I don't see any way we make a late season run.The hope is next year,freshmen like Tandy and Bishop contribute right away.At this point I'd like to see Harden play more.Let's see what he's got.I think it's likely he isn't back next year if something doesn't change these last 10 games.
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:54 pm

bluegrass wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 pm
hoosiermark wrote:
Xavier2005 wrote:
Sorry but the talent is not here this year.We only have 10 players and only 7 play.I could make the case that only 5 are a threat to score.I like to be optimistic but I don't see any way we make a late season run.The hope is next year,freshmen like Tandy and Bishop contribute right away.At this point I'd like to see Harden play more.Let's see what he's got.I think it's likely he isn't back next year if something doesn't change these last 10 games.
I have to agree with Blue here. This team has no talent whatsoever. We keep doing the same idiotic things over and over. It is in this team's DNA to out turnover the opposing team.
XavierRunningMan

Postby XavierRunningMan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:53 am

“X needs to see if they have something in Harden and Kennedy now. My gut tells me that Steele is not looking at them for the future given their extremely inconsistent playing time.”

Shocked people haven’t figured this out yet. Look at the level of talent we have coming in next year and the following year (3 guards) hopefully 4 if we land Harvey 🤞🏼...

We need the scholarships to bring in more SF/C’s to have a balanced roster long term. Wouldn’t mind grabbing a few grad transfers as well to bridge the gap.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”