Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops
Posts: 2565
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby skyhops » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:53 am

Sources tell me KyKy is still banged up and is not up to speed yet and it rushing his shot. I think he will be a big lift during Big East. Bishop I hear is struggling and I don't expect much from him.
X-lucidity
Posts: 955
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby X-lucidity » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Yes, please Please PLEASE Dahmir, don't go all Elias Harden on us.....! Stick with it, stay motivated, work hard and trust the process.
Love,
Xavier Nation
bluegrass
Posts: 3257
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby bluegrass » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:15 am

It's a shame KyKy missed so much time.I think it could be January before we start to see his best.I have to wonder if Ramsey wouldn't be better off red shirting too.Just seems like these injuries aren't going away.I hope Dahmir doesn't get discouraged .Some guys just take longer to adjust to this level.
If we could get Tyrique to shot at a higher %, we would be in good shape.I know he has had a lot of double doubles,but he could easily be scoring 20 points a game.I'm sure his shooting % is under 50%.Considering he's right by the basket,that's not good enough.Q played one of his best games ever and it came on a night where we needed him
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5471
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:04 am

muskieman wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:18 pm
Just think how this game would have gone tonight had Q listened to AH and Sky about shooting the three, Guess AH will be hammering him for the Foul Shots. Unsung hero Moore with 5 steals

Naji out and Q filled the void.
Mman,

Thanks for being a never ending apologist/sycophant for Goodin, a kid I root for despite his slump the last year and 8 games. He has turned it around the last 3. Kudos to him. I also appreciate your consistency and integrity, and hope the posters who opined the following , heeds your actions:
tough to win when in 8 minutes you only take 9 shots and miss all of them. Passing into the post tonight is a nightmare. Good thing Q is on tonigh
Paul seems to be having brain cramps tonight. Fouls a three-point shot They score 9 and X is down 40-37
PAssing by X tonight is atrocious. WC on fire from three Q with another three but WC just killing the threes. Getting the ball inside has been bad
tonight as inside guys are fumbling and not going for the ball. Ft shooting 55 sec: Moore wide open-held onto to ball to get fouled
Freemantle has been decent tonight, probably why Jones has been sitting but Jones looks slow tonight. I wonder if he is getting what Naji has?
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22986
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:20 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:04 am
muskieman wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:18 pm
Just think how this game would have gone tonight had Q listened to AH and Sky about shooting the three, Guess AH will be hammering him for the Foul Shots. Unsung hero Moore with 5 steals

Naji out and Q filled the void.
Mman,

Thanks for being a never ending apologist/sycophant for Goodin, a kid I root for despite his slump the last year and 8 games. He has turned it around the last 3. Kudos to him. I also appreciate your consistency and integrity, and hope the posters who opined the following , heeds your actions:
tough to win when in 8 minutes you only take 9 shots and miss all of them. Passing into the post tonight is a nightmare. Good thing Q is on tonigh
Paul seems to be having brain cramps tonight. Fouls a three-point shot They score 9 and X is down 40-37
PAssing by X tonight is atrocious. WC on fire from three Q with another three but WC just killing the threes. Getting the ball inside has been bad
tonight as inside guys are fumbling and not going for the ball. Ft shooting 55 sec: Moore wide open-held onto to ball to get fouled
Freemantle has been decent tonight, probably why Jones has been sitting but Jones looks slow tonight. I wonder if he is getting what Naji has?
Typical fake news AH. BTW Q made you look foolish again tonight with 11 assists. I guess he heeded my advice to ignore the rants from a guy named AH. I told him you have problems but don't worry I didn't tell him what they are. Merry Christmas AH. See you back here when someone has a bad game.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5471
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:43 am

muskieman wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:20 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:04 am
muskieman wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:18 pm
Just think how this game would have gone tonight had Q listened to AH and Sky about shooting the three, Guess AH will be hammering him for the Foul Shots. Unsung hero Moore with 5 steals

Naji out and Q filled the void.
Mman,

Thanks for being a never ending apologist/sycophant for Goodin, a kid I root for despite his slump the last year and 8 games. He has turned it around the last 3. Kudos to him. I also appreciate your consistency and integrity, and hope the posters who opined the following , heeds your actions:
tough to win when in 8 minutes you only take 9 shots and miss all of them. Passing into the post tonight is a nightmare. Good thing Q is on tonigh
Paul seems to be having brain cramps tonight. Fouls a three-point shot They score 9 and X is down 40-37
PAssing by X tonight is atrocious. WC on fire from three Q with another three but WC just killing the threes. Getting the ball inside has been bad
tonight as inside guys are fumbling and not going for the ball. Ft shooting 55 sec: Moore wide open-held onto to ball to get fouled
Freemantle has been decent tonight, probably why Jones has been sitting but Jones looks slow tonight. I wonder if he is getting what Naji has?
Typical fake news AH. BTW Q made you look foolish again tonight with 11 assists. I guess he heeded my advice to ignore the rants from a guy named AH. I told him you have problems but don't worry I didn't tell him what they are. Merry Christmas AH. See you back here when someone has a bad game.
Mman,

I’m in good company with my “foolish takes,” since they are always echoed by Steele, Larkin, Shannon, TV analysts, and the 82 year old nun at my uncle’s assisted living facility. I know one degree of separation in critical thinking is not a skill you possess, but stay with me here. If a security guard shoots a bank teller instead of the robber, then shoots the robber instead of a bank teller the next time, it doesn’t “right the 1st wrong.” Ist encounter: bad. Second encounter: good. The fact that Q is playing very well after a prolonged year+ of subpar play (much to AH’s delight) is always reflected in my objective posts. I calls them as I sees them, with pure objectivity, absent of any personal or hateful insults towards any player or ref., who always draws criticism from you. Very sad.

Also, I didn’t realize that copying/pasting your posts verbatim from the game thread is Fake News. Mman, I know your delusions run deep, but even you can’t deny something which appears in writing under your account as fact. We both know people would neeeevvvvver be so gullible when presented with documented, irrefutable evidence just because you deny it right (dripping). I wish that was Fake News. BTW, X had 20 fouls against TCU, so the Mman Conspiracy Foul tally has climbed up to 23,638.

Seacrest Out.
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 5751
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 pm

Hearing rumbles that Ramsey will be redshirted.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 5751
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Speaking of Ramsey, he is not the first X player (or other schools too) who seem to play injury free in high school and then arrive at college with chronic problems. Why is that?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22986
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby muskieman » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:32 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:36 pm
Speaking of Ramsey, he is not the first X player (or other schools too) who seem to play injury free in high school and then arrive at college with chronic problems. Why is that?
I think every coach might like that answer
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22986
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby muskieman » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:33 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 pm
Hearing rumbles that Ramsey will be redshirted.
Did you get that news from page three of this thread...last post on page?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests