Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Theology73

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby Theology73 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:35 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 pm
Hearing rumbles that Ramsey will be redshirted.
It's my understanding that since Ramsey has played in a game, he is no longer eligible to redshirt.
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
muskieman

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby muskieman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:34 pm

Theology73 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:35 pm
olsingledigit wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 pm
Hearing rumbles that Ramsey will be redshirted.
It's my understanding that since Ramsey has played in a game, he is no longer eligible to redshirt.
He could possibly get a medical red shirt.
Taken from an article Medical Redshirt Rules for Basketball
by M.L. Rose

Basic Qualifications

To qualify for a medical redshirt, a basketball player must sustain an “incapacitating injury or illness.” The injury or illness does not have to be related to basketball, but must take place after the first day of classes in the athlete’s senior year of high school. To gain a medical redshirt for a specific season, the athlete’s illness or injury must occur before the first game of the second half of the team’s schedule. If the team plays an odd number of games, the exact midseason contest is considered part of the second half. For example, if a basketball team plays 25 games, the injury or illness must occur before the start of the team’s 13th game. Games played in postseason tournaments, such as a conference tournament or the NCAA or NIT tournaments, count among the team’s total games played.

Games Played

To gain a medical redshirt, the athlete cannot compete in more than 30 percent of her team’s games within a season, not counting contests officially designated as scrimmages or exhibition games. When such computations are made, fractions are rounded up. For example, if a team plays 27 games, the exact 30 percent mark is 8.1. For the purposes of medical redshirt eligibility, therefore, the player may compete in nine games and still be eligible for a medical redshirt.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”