Does Kyky still have Green Light to gun?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Does Kyky still have Green Light to gun?

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:38 pm

I'm not a big believer in giving the green light as a general rule. I think only players who consistently show a high IQ in terms of what constitutes a good shot (meaning their attempts are ones they consistently make), and also an understanding of when to take them (meaning no 27 foot treys 8 seconds into the shot clock, and not before exploring the post 1st when your center has a decided advantage) should have it. No player on this current team has met the criteria. Off the top of my head, the only guys I'd give a green light since Cintas opened are: David West, Tu Holloway, Jordan Crawford, Brad Redford, Bluiett, JP, & Semaj.

Steele is the most liberal guy in giving the green light for taking threes. After Freemantle made his first of the year (not a misprint), Steele declared that he now has the green light. I'm a huge fan of ZFree, but giving virtually the whole team the green light since the beginning of his coaching rein may account for the fact that his teams thru 45 games have had the worst three point shooting percentage since Cintas opened. The green light on threes doesn't even fit his personal, where there is a scarcity of good shooters.

It's no secret that their top two three point shooting percentage games occurred when they took the fewest number of threes. 2 + 2 =4. Seacrest Out.
XU-XHI

Postby XU-XHI » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:47 pm

Yes , Yes, Yes, Yes :!:
XU-XHI
Go Musketeers! Go Bombers!
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:15 pm

Question answered
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”