Goodin

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Goodin

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:40 pm

This is not a thread to dissect Q's play. Many including myself have obviously been unhappy with him this and last year. However, this topic is about many fan's rxn.s. I don't follow many people on social media (SM), but my son does. Apparently, a lot of people are skewering Q in a direct form, which I assume is twitter or Instagram, according to my son.

I really hope they are a bunch of immature high school and college kids insulting him, and not the more pathetic alternative of adults doing it, though I feel both groups are in the wrong. No one feels worse about his play this year and today as he does, I'm sure. He is in a pretty vulnerable state, so I'd expect a 22-23 year year old to fight back as he is apparently doing. I've been to many games at X, including many where Q has played, and have never booed him, or any other player or coach. Not even a ref. I think it's pretty pathetic to do so, but that's just my opinion. I see nothing wrong with expressing positive or negative opinions about players or coaches on indirect public forums, as long as they aren't mean spirited, insulting, or personal.

What's going on now is really sad and pathetic, imo.
Lead Guitar

Re: Goodin

Postby Lead Guitar » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:46 am

Totally agree. Short memories for some. Q hits 25 when Naji was sick. Q hits FT’s with time expired to beat The Blue Jays in Omaha two years ago. Q leads in assists four years in a row.

Defenses are giving us the three. Until we make them it will continue. Against St. John and Seton Hall we hit a nice percentage.

Dee Davis was not a terrific 3-pt shooter and in fact, he got into trouble with his drives, but he was an overall, good contributor who has had a nice after college life of basketball. Q is stronger, but very similar to Dee in many ways.

Travis is okay with taking the open 3 after a look inside. Q might need to cool his shots a bit, but it is his overall game and contributions that need to be evaluated. We need a confident Q, not one that is worried that if he misses he will get booed by some fans who couldn’t even reach the rim from 3-pt range!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 am

Sorry that is happening to Q. I’m not much on social media
madness31

Postby madness31 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:32 am

This is certainly unacceptable behavior. It is counter productive as well. Attacking his play is more likely to result in worse play than improved performance.
whopper

Postby whopper » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:27 pm

very stupid to be doing this..even for professionals. It is their business and livelihood and only they can play and produce. Good luck to Q and I know at a far lower level I have been there and had to look within and find a way to contribute and I hope and pray he will to. As a parent of 2 grads from Conn. I want my school to be squeaky clean and (hopefully) win and I have certainly gotten my money's worth from Q the past 4 years.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”