Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Hire James Posey

Postby muskieman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:36 pm

rickf wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:03 pm
Posey could make his free throws.
not as a coach
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
norwood44

Postby norwood44 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:37 am

longliveskip wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:03 pm
this thread should just be deleted. we aren't hiring Posey. we aren't firing Steele. it's not happening. only coaching change that will happen in the next 4 years will be if Steele changes the staff. otherwise, he's here to stay. get on board. take the good with the bad with a coach just starting out. he will get better.
This may correct - Xavier is loyal. However, if things don't change over the 4 years, there will be either fewer seats filled or the cost of seat licenses will be dramatically reduced.
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:38 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:36 am
Pierre Dracot wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:04 am
muskieman wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:31 pm

you act like he would want to come to the college game.
Patrick Ewing, among others, has done so.
I didn't know Posey was on GT coaches roster?
I will spell it out for you: Patrick Ewing, who coaches Georgetown, left a coaching position in the NBA to become the head coach at Georgetown. What part of that do you not understand?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Pierre Dracot wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:38 pm
muskieman wrote:
Pierre Dracot wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:04 am

Patrick Ewing, among others, has done so.
I will spell it out for you: Patrick Ewing, who coaches Georgetown, left a coaching position in the NBA to become the head coach at Georgetown. What part of that do you not understand?
the part was you thinking that every Ex-NBA payer wants to coach in college. I know Patrick and Louie Orr. I also know Penny but that doesn't mean X can go out and hire Posey or even David West. Patrick showed interest and so did Penny. ave you heard Posey say, "I'd love to coach in college? No, so you thread is a pipe dream without the pipe.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:18 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:00 pm
Pierre Dracot wrote:
muskieman wrote:
the part was you thinking that every Ex-NBA payer wants to coach in college. I know Patrick and Louie Orr. I also know Penny but that doesn't mean X can go out and hire Posey or even David West. Patrick showed interest and so did Penny. ave you heard Posey say, "I'd love to coach in college? No, so you thread is a pipe dream without the pipe.
JP coached with the Cavs, and now coaches in the NBA development league. Ewing coached in the pros for over a decade. How is that such a big leap by PD? That anger wall keeps getting higher and higher.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:18 pm
muskieman wrote:
Pierre Dracot wrote:

the part was you thinking that every Ex-NBA payer wants to coach in college. I know Patrick and Louie Orr. I also know Penny but that doesn't mean X can go out and hire Posey or even David West. Patrick showed interest and so did Penny. ave you heard Posey say, "I'd love to coach in college? No, so your thread is a pipe dream without the pipe.
JP coached with the Cavs, and now coaches in the NBA development league. Ewing coached in the pros for over a decade. How is that such a big leap by PD? That anger wall keeps getting higher and higher.
so your anger is getting higher. Stop the crack and take up that hot yoga you always talk about. BTW are you in contact with JP and heard him say, "man I want to coach at X". Why the Cavs, he was born in Cleveland
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:26 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:43 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
muskieman wrote:

the part was you thinking that every Ex-NBA payer wants to coach in college. I know Patrick and Louie Orr. I also know Penny but that doesn't mean X can go out and hire Posey or even David West. Patrick showed interest and so did Penny. ave you heard Posey say, "I'd love to coach in college? No, so your thread is a pipe dream without the pipe.
so your anger is getting higher. Stop the crack and take up that hot yoga you always talk about. BTW are you in contact with JP and heard him say, "man I want to coach at X". Why the Cavs, he was born in Cleveland
Yet he played in the NBA for Denver, Miami, Boston, NO. I know all four places are in close proximity to Cleveland, and I'm not any good at geography, but I'm pretty sure Cincy is closer than one or two of those cities/states.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:19 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:26 pm
muskieman wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:43 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

Yet he played in the NBA for Denver, Miami, Boston, NO. I know all four places are in close proximity to Cleveland, and I'm not any good at geography, but I'm pretty sure Cincy is closer than one or two of those cities/states.
But did James Mikely Mantell Posey Jr. coach for any of those teams? Players play where they are paid or needed. He was drafted by Denver 1st round (18th pick), he was traded to Houston so he had no choice. He was then involved with some trades and took so free agent moves. In Boston, he went hunting for a ring just like Miami. BTW he also played for Indiana. Of course, you do know who he is coaching for in the G league but noticed you didn't mention where he is coaching, maybe because it is in the Cleveland area? He wants to be a head coach but says in te NBA

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”