Purdue's 7 foot 2 inch center to transfer

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Xavier2005

Purdue's 7 foot 2 inch center to transfer

Postby Xavier2005 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:33 pm

Not sure if he fits in to Xavier's system, but he has the height and abilities to deter players from driving the middle lane????
skyhops

Re: Purdue's 7 foot 2 inch center to transfer

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 am

He seem to regress last year. Imagine a front court if he, Carter, and Zach? We might not ever get a rebound. He does have nice hair.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:05 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 am
He seem to regress last year. Imagine a front court if he, Carter, and Zach? We might not ever get a rebound. He does have nice hair.
Two of Seton Halls bigs are on the move.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:08 pm

I think he has to sit out a year?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:42 pm

I heard he is eligible next season
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:56 am

I'm going to say something my mentor wouldn't when the 4th serving of pecan pie is sent around the table and say No....a hard NO. X has seemingly reached out to about 90% of transfers. They just got a GT post player, so now have 4-5 (Carter isn't a traditional post player). What message does this send out to the players when the only qualification for a transfer to garner interest from X is to have a pulse?

Ordinarily, I'd definitely love to have a guy like Haarms for a year. However, this model of adding-shedding players as if X was in a Wichita State like predicament (7-8 players left) has Steele building an AAU like culture. Poor optics at the very least. TIme to quarantine his cell phone for the next month.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 am

On cue,

X has reached out to yet another GT in Tulsa's 6'7' wing. This is the only position of need now, so don't hate it, but I suspect if he was 6'7", 6'11" of 6'0", Steele would have reached out for him. ANyone know if he is planning on coaching two teams next year in cbb like Mack did when he simultaneously coached X and Louisville in 18'?
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 am
On cue,

X has reached out to yet another GT in Tulsa's 6'7' wing. This is the only position of need now, so don't hate it, but I suspect if he was 6'7", 6'11" of 6'0", Steele would have reached out for him. ANyone know if he is planning on coaching two teams next year in cbb like Mack did when he simultaneously coached X and Louisville in 18'?
reaching out is OK. doesn't mean they offered him on the spot. same with a normal recruit. how many guys you think they "reach out to" every year? 30? 40? how many of those guys do they actually OFFER? maybe 10-15? how many guys end up committing? 4-5 at the most?

its ok.

no harm in reaching out.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:30 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
On cue,

reaching out is OK. doesn't mean they offered him on the spot. same with a normal recruit. how many guys you think they "reach out to" every year? 30? 40? how many of those guys do they actually OFFER? maybe 10-15? how many guys end up committing? 4-5 at the most?

its ok.

no harm in reaching out.
Seriously?

X has two guys who will play at least 25-30 min a game next year in the 4-5 spots in Carter and Free. I know Carter will also play some minutes at the 3 position in the wildly successful three big lineup as well, which teams like Creighton, Nova, and Butler will have no complaints about. They also have two other post players in Miles and Ramsey who will be itching to play because they didn't the year prior. Then, they bring in a GT transfer (which I understood, since Ramsey's health is in question, despite Steele prognosticating from game 10 on or so that he would be playing very soon) who didn't come unless he had great confidence he would see meaningful minutes.

You really believe it doesn't cause any distress with the bigs that they brought in one GT big already, and now are seeking another? The fact that they are wooing Harrms, whether they get him or not, sends a messages that they have concerns about their current front court. My nephew told me X backed off of the stud guard from Radford who committed to L-Ville to placate Tandy and Odom. Now this. Steele has shown to be tone deaf at times, and it is on full display here.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:06 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:30 pm
longliveskip wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
On cue,

its ok.

no harm in reaching out.
Seriously?

X has two guys who will play at least 25-30 min a game next year in the 4-5 spots in Carter and Free. I know Carter will also play some minutes at the 3 position in the wildly successful three big lineup as well, which teams like Creighton, Nova, and Butler will have no complaints about. They also have two other post players in Miles and Ramsey who will be itching to play because they didn't the year prior. Then, they bring in a GT transfer (which I understood, since Ramsey's health is in question, despite Steele prognosticating from game 10 on or so that he would be playing very soon) who didn't come unless he had great confidence he would see meaningful minutes.

You really believe it doesn't cause any distress with the bigs that they brought in one GT big already, and now are seeking another? The fact that they are wooing Harrms, whether they get him or not, sends a messages that they have concerns about their current front court. My nephew told me X backed off of the stud guard from Radford who committed to L-Ville to placate Tandy and Odom. Now this. Steele has shown to be tone deaf at times, and it is on full display here.
ya know what? i am so TIRED of hearing how we need to "baby" these guys, because that's basically what you are saying, that the coach can't go bring in a guy for a year because he may "compete" for someone else's minutes? if a kid can't handle having to compete for a year against someone to EARN their minutes, well then, how mentally tough are they, really?

if i'm a player and the coach comes to me and says "we got a guy that makes our team BETTER.", well then, pardon me, but so the $%&$ what if he takes a few of my minutes, makes me work harder in practice, and in the end, makes me a better player. if our guys in that lockerroom can't see that then that's their issue.

Steele isn't tone deaf. the PLAYERS are if they can't see that the coach is doing everything he can to make the team as GOOD as it can be for next season. work you a$$ off in the off-season. get BETTER than the guys that you're competing against for minutes. that should be the mantra and if they all buy into that, the team should be fine.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”