Paul Daugherty is a Moron

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Masterofreality
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Daugherty is a Moron

Postby Masterofreality » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:27 am

Biff Tannen wrote:
Bmuskie wrote:the tone of the column suggests that Doc believes Xavier will simply kick Drew to the curb and forget about him. The questions I have are What has Xavier done in the past to make anyone believe that they wouldn't help Drew now?
The only thing I can think of is Finn a couple of years ago, all I know is that they never said what Finn did, I don't know what Finn did, but X did kick him to the curb and forgot about him. My assumption would be that Finn did something similar to Drew, only the police were not involved. So I guess it is a fair assumption from someone to think that X would just kick Drew to the curb.
Uh, no. Xavier did not "kick Finn to the curb" and forget about him. Kick him off the basketball team for a violation of team rules? Yes. But...Finn did not get kicked out of school, he completed his degree requirements, he recieved his college degree, which I dare to say may not have happened at other places, and set him off to his life to make his choices, as happens with every student after they graduate. Xavier could not, or SHOULD not, have done anything else for Dedrick Finn than it did for me, my daughter or any other alum.

Unfortunately, DFinn made some bad post graduate choices, but that is not on Xavier. It did what it should have done. Too bad that D didn't learn from his mistake.
PAY THE MAN!!!!
Il Saggio
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:43 pm

Re: Paul Daugherty is a Moron

Postby Il Saggio » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:53 am

So, it's about him? His objective is to get people to ask, "Did you see what Daugherty said today?" No matter how stupid or impertinent it might be? Well, I guess he achieved his objective.

Also, I still say that too many of his observations and literary techniques (metaphors, use of hyperbole, etc.) are completely off-base or half-baked.

For example, he can't think of anything good to say about soccer, so (for God knows what reason) he writes cliched, xenophobic nonsense about it.
McX
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Daugherty is a Moron

Postby McX » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Sorry fellas, but I was offended by this article also.

I am normally entertained and sometimes educated by reading Daugherty and understand that he is a columnist and not a reporter. Having said that, he seems to only takes a half stand or makes an incomplete statement.

Maybe he just totally "phoned this one in" while sipping mojitos down at the Masters.
xubb3041
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Daugherty is a Moron

Postby xubb3041 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:33 pm

The main problem was that this was the first weekend Drew didnt have a babysitter. The managers seriously babysit these guys. And it is very unfortunate that Drew was busted because he is in the public eye. I would say probably at LEAST a kid a week gets busted with weed on campus, probably more. And MANY recieve public intoxication violations, its a fact of being in college. Its unfortuante that he was caught and everyone saw. Daughtery is wrong, there is nothing XU can do. Drew knows drugs are illegal and you shouldn't talk back to cops. The managers finally had their first weekend off and this is what happens. I think it might be a good idea for him to be a man and step up and apoligize at the banquet if he comes. And XU will obviously let him graduate theres no questions. If they dont kick a "regular" student out for getting in trouble with the law; then they for sure wont kick him out.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 733 guests