All Cleveland Indians fans, yep, that's you Vee. Pete Delkus, and DC Muskie know that Tom Hamilton is the long term radio voice of the Tribe. Tom has also done Xavier TV games on Fox Sports Ohio before the Indians formed their own TV network.
I guess that the Xavier campus must have appealed to Tom and his kid Nick, who is a star high school baseball player up here in Northeast Ohio.
Nick will be going to Xavier next year- on a baseball scholarship. Maybe Learfield Sports, XU's new marketing company, should cut a deal with Sportstime Ohio to be the carrier of Xavier games up here. Gawd knows that FSO pre-empts XU enough for A) Cavaliers, B) Blue Jackets and C) Minor league Lake Erie Monsters hockey games. Then Tom could again become the winter voice of Xavier basketball and visit his kid at the same time.
Tom Hamilton & XU
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Tom Hamilton & XU
PAY THE MAN!!!!
-
MarionHall4ever
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:40 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Hamilton & XU
MOR,
I too saw that little item in today's PD, and it made me proud.
There was a time that if you lived in Greater Cleveland and spent your undergraduate years at XU that you almost always came out of one of the local Catholic schools, primarily, St. Ignatius, St. Edward and Magnificat (although all the other Catholic schools were represented to some degree). It may be just my imagination, but over the last several years, I've gotten the impression that Xavier is now on the radar screen in Northern Ohio outside of the traditional feeder schools.
I don't know anything about the young Mr. Hamilton, but I congratulate him on earning the scholarship, welcome him to the family and I really like the potential exposure this could mean for XU.
I also concur heartily in your comments about the local cable sports coverage. I don't know if this will help our prospects of seeing the Muskies more often on the tube in this part of Ohio, but it can't hurt.
I too saw that little item in today's PD, and it made me proud.
There was a time that if you lived in Greater Cleveland and spent your undergraduate years at XU that you almost always came out of one of the local Catholic schools, primarily, St. Ignatius, St. Edward and Magnificat (although all the other Catholic schools were represented to some degree). It may be just my imagination, but over the last several years, I've gotten the impression that Xavier is now on the radar screen in Northern Ohio outside of the traditional feeder schools.
I don't know anything about the young Mr. Hamilton, but I congratulate him on earning the scholarship, welcome him to the family and I really like the potential exposure this could mean for XU.
I also concur heartily in your comments about the local cable sports coverage. I don't know if this will help our prospects of seeing the Muskies more often on the tube in this part of Ohio, but it can't hurt.
“Send lawyers, guns and money. The sh*t has hit the fan.” Warren Zevon (R.I.P.)
If that fails, send the Jesuits
.
If that fails, send the Jesuits
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Hamilton & XU
MOR ... There is strong talk that the C-Bus hock's want to move over to STO as Dime squeezer Dolan tries to make STO a break even deal.
If that happens, then there would be fewer XU games blocked on FSO with only the Cavs sked to hurt, and that didn't haappen very often.
Also, if Jackets move to STO, FSO would have no interest in minor league hockey over XU games as they were doing this to built TV interest in hockey for Jackets.
If that happens, then there would be fewer XU games blocked on FSO with only the Cavs sked to hurt, and that didn't haappen very often.
Also, if Jackets move to STO, FSO would have no interest in minor league hockey over XU games as they were doing this to built TV interest in hockey for Jackets.
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Hamilton & XU
Ya think Wise?
That would be good stuff for the Jackets to move to STO, but what about the fact that Dan Gilbert, who owns the Cavs, also owns the Monsters and is trying to build that fan base? Gilbert has this deal with FSO for the Cavs that I'm sure FSO needs to keep, especially after losing the Indians a few years ago. I would guess that Gilbert probably has some leverage with FSO about carrying some Monsters' games along with the Cavaliers. What would probably happen is that they'd just replace Jackets games with Monsters games.
Ahhh, whatever. I'm changing providers by next fall anyway. If I can't get AT&T U-verse, i'm going the dish route. I'm sick of this crap that I get on Cox Cable.
That would be good stuff for the Jackets to move to STO, but what about the fact that Dan Gilbert, who owns the Cavs, also owns the Monsters and is trying to build that fan base? Gilbert has this deal with FSO for the Cavs that I'm sure FSO needs to keep, especially after losing the Indians a few years ago. I would guess that Gilbert probably has some leverage with FSO about carrying some Monsters' games along with the Cavaliers. What would probably happen is that they'd just replace Jackets games with Monsters games.
Ahhh, whatever. I'm changing providers by next fall anyway. If I can't get AT&T U-verse, i'm going the dish route. I'm sick of this crap that I get on Cox Cable.
PAY THE MAN!!!!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 425 guests
