Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
kgeorge10
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:22 pm
Contact:

Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Postby kgeorge10 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:26 pm

news from the Xavier Newswire's own Sports Editor Doug Tifft....

"I just got word that Xavier is "99 percent done" with a deal to play a neutral court game at the Meadowlands in New Jersey against Duke next season. When I talked with Bobinski earlier he referenced such a game, and said that it would be on CBS. I'm trying to contact Bobinski to confirm the game."

it's right here on the Newswires blog
http://xunewswire.blogspot.com/2008/04/ ... -duke.html

UPDATE:
http://xunewswire.blogspot.com/2008/04/ ... -cont.html

i got in contact with Doug Tifft and he said when he talked to Bobinski he seemed to stumble with the conversation. He seemed suprised that the cat was out of the bag... Doug still seems confident in his source.
Last edited by kgeorge10 on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:28 pm

That would be sweet!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
xuhuh!
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Postby xuhuh! » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:35 pm

this matchup and the meadowlands was mentioned on 'the sean miller radio show' when a caller asked sean about next year's schedule. is it too early to complain about the refs?
MarionHall4ever
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Postby MarionHall4ever » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:55 pm

This is a road trip I want to make. When anybody hears anything about ticket sales for this, please post the info immediately.

Thanks in advance.
“Send lawyers, guns and money. The sh*t has hit the fan.” Warren Zevon (R.I.P.)

If that fails, send the Jesuits 😎👍.
xcellent
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Postby xcellent » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:44 pm

This should be very interesting for me. I just moved to Raleigh and have some friends who are Duke Grad students. I hate Duke with a passion though, and would love to be able to beat them. Hopefully we have PG figured out by this time.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 570 guests