What's your problem with the Xavier of Ohio reference when you are doing a game in New Orleans where there is also a Xavier of New Orleans? Xavier grads are way too thin skinned when it comes to name references.[/quote]
FFB....
Just checked the Xavier University website and didn't see any mention of Xavier of Ohio. They do mention Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Actually, the other announcer corrected the guy by saying Xavier University..............One got it right.
TNT: Xavier is Forward U
-
D West
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:03 pm
- Contact:
-
broadripple
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:10 am
- Contact:
Re: TNT: Xavier is Forward U
Posey hit a big 3 last night and played some decent defense. I think he might have been slightly injured too. Everytime he ran up and down the floor it looked like he was trying to hold in a huge dump or something. Also, there's a nice picture of him on ESPN.com putting his hand directly on the face of Bron Bron whilst shutting him down.
and on the eggsavier front:
I was recently introduced to a woman at a bar and she told me her name was insert 1st name Xavier. BUT, she pronounced it eggsavier. I immediately said... "no, no, no you mean zavier". She insisted, "no it's eggsavier". I responded further... "look broad, its pronounced zavier, so unless you want your family to sound like a bunch of idiots you should start pronouncing it correctly. I'm just saying...." She wasn't too fond of me after that ...or before for that matter.
and on the eggsavier front:
I was recently introduced to a woman at a bar and she told me her name was insert 1st name Xavier. BUT, she pronounced it eggsavier. I immediately said... "no, no, no you mean zavier". She insisted, "no it's eggsavier". I responded further... "look broad, its pronounced zavier, so unless you want your family to sound like a bunch of idiots you should start pronouncing it correctly. I'm just saying...." She wasn't too fond of me after that ...or before for that matter.
-
Jim Lowery
- Posts: 176
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: TNT: Xavier is Forward U
Well for those that think XAvier should be just known as Xavier. You must be white. Being black and living in the south if you say you went to Xavier they automatically think Xavier in New Orleans. I really don't worry about it because I always answer with no the basketball powerhouse.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: TNT: Xavier is Forward U
Yes, I must 'fess up, I am a white man, and I don't live in the South, so I'm in no position to disagree with you, Jim.
BUT I can say that if you're in the East/Northeast, Midwest, or West, nobody but nobody thinks of Xavier/New Orleans when you mention the term "Xavier", so this confusion should, at worst, be limited to one portion of the country.
BUT I can say that if you're in the East/Northeast, Midwest, or West, nobody but nobody thinks of Xavier/New Orleans when you mention the term "Xavier", so this confusion should, at worst, be limited to one portion of the country.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 650 guests
