White Sox go with X grad

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

White Sox go with X grad

Postby muskieman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Gary has a player to root for

11th round White Sox pick: Charles Leesman, LHP, Xavier
http://goxavier.cstv.com/sports/m-baseb ... lie00.html
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: White Sox go with X grad

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:58 pm

The W.Sox were very happy that UGA shortstop Gordon Beckham was available with their 8th pick yesterday, and you can never have enough lefty pitchers in your minor-league system, so here's hoping that we see Leesman in the bigs at some point.

I have to say that his numbers were underwhelming this year: 2-6, 5.32 ERA, 90 hits in 66 innings. The Sox farm system has been remarkably unproductive for most of the last 30 years, with many of their top scouts being fired recently. Fans may be scratching their heads over this pick. Usually the college guys have great numbers, whether they actually pan out or not.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: White Sox go with X grad

Postby muskieman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:47 pm

I believe he is a Jr so maybe he goes back to X, or not.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1029 guests