From the ESPN.com Top 150.
Frease came in at #55, Walsh at #140. No Lyons or Holloways sightings. Here is what was said about Walsh. Interesting line that I highlighted in red. Dare I ask if he is suggesting we are the dreaded mid-major??
Evaluation
December, 2007: Walsh is the best player in western Pennsylvania. He is explosive off the dribble and knows how to score. Right now his 3-point shot is good and will only get better as he focuses totally on hoops (plays baseball in the spring). Walsh is athletic and rebounds well for a guard. He is a team player who passes well and plays good defense. He has great b-ball instincts and is a winner in a very good high school program. Brian does need to hit the weights.
Walsh, out of Moon Township, Pa., has committed to Sean Miller and Xavier and they got a very good pick up in this kid. Walsh could play at a lot of schools throughout the country. He is a skinny, young kid who is a highly skilled basketball player in every phase of the game. Brian is a 2 guard who can play the point if needed. He can really handle, is and excellent passer, and he is a deadly shooter. He moves well without the ball, knows how to get open and has an uncanny knack for knocking down shots. He has good athletic ability, is extremely tenacious and will be able to defend the 2 guard spot for Xavier in the A-10.
Notes
Named 2008 Gatorade Player of the Year in Pennsylvania...
Walsh
-
Getreal
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:36 am
- Contact:
Re: Walsh
denver,
Walsh had offers from Maryland,Memphis,Pitt, and WVU. I wouldn't take that as a mid-major referral.
Walsh had offers from Maryland,Memphis,Pitt, and WVU. I wouldn't take that as a mid-major referral.
-
Frambo
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Walsh
Any news on how Brian's knee is recovering from his tournament injury?
Will we get to see him in the summer league?
Will we get to see him in the summer league?
-
XUdenver
- Posts: 186
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Walsh
I hear you, Getreal. I guess I didn't understand why he even inserted that, or exactly what he was trying to say:
"Could've played at a 'bigger school' such as WVU, Maryland, etc, but chose Xavier...."
OR
"Will step in and play at XU, like he could've at many other schools...."
"Could've played at a 'bigger school' such as WVU, Maryland, etc, but chose Xavier...."
OR
"Will step in and play at XU, like he could've at many other schools...."
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Walsh
sometimes you(meaning "journalist") just can not get their minds around changes in the College basketball scenery. The "big" schools get the hype because it is too much work to include the new guy on the block(even if the new guy has been on the block for 20 years).XUdenver wrote:I hear you, Getreal. I guess I didn't understand why he even inserted that, or exactly what he was trying to say:
"Could've played at a 'bigger school' such as WVU, Maryland, etc, but chose Xavier...."
OR
"Will step in and play at XU, like he could've at many other schools...."
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: Walsh
Looks to me like the guy was complimenting Xavier. He could have played at a lot of schools (unsaid--he chose Xavier)
Maybe we're too damn sensitive about the mid-major tag. Look, we know we're not mid-major. Almost every TV and national newspaper recognizes Xavier as a major player. Anyone who carps otherwise is just a troll or plain stupid.
Look, I know I'm not the Aflack duck, I don't quack like that duck and I sure as hell don't waddle like it. So why should I even listen to someone who says I'm a duck. A Bear? That's another story.
Maybe we're too damn sensitive about the mid-major tag. Look, we know we're not mid-major. Almost every TV and national newspaper recognizes Xavier as a major player. Anyone who carps otherwise is just a troll or plain stupid.
Look, I know I'm not the Aflack duck, I don't quack like that duck and I sure as hell don't waddle like it. So why should I even listen to someone who says I'm a duck. A Bear? That's another story.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 830 guests
