Draft "rules" from Nuggets' blogger...

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Draft "rules" from Nuggets' blogger...

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:08 am

Actually, these make some sense.
http://www.denverstiffs.com/2008/06/200 ... -next.html

"But while I may not be an expert on the players available, I've seen enough NBA Drafts to know the Four Rules for finding good value with the 20th pick, as stated in Part 1:

1) Stay away from centers in the back of the draft.
2) Don't get seduced by the "best athlete available" argument.
3) When in doubt, draft a power forward who played at least three years in college.
4) Put a premium on work ethic and character."
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
muskienick
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Draft "rules" from Nuggets' blogger...

Postby muskienick » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:43 am

Jeez, that kinda sounds like a commercial urging NBA bigwigs to select Josh in the draft.

He was never a true center for Xavier
He is a "need-filler" rather than a best athlete type
He played four years at XU and spent some of that time at PF
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Draft "rules" from Nuggets' blogger...

Postby muskieman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:20 am

I hope you are right Mnick.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 868 guests