ESPN.com Men's Hoops prestige rankings

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: ESPN.com Men's Hoops prestige rankings

Postby _LH » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:25 pm

For the last 6-10 years I have argued with University of Cincinnati posters that "in the modern era, UC is most closely on par with Temple". It will be interesting to see where both fall as well as XU.

UC fans had/have the ridiculous notion that they were closer to UK or Duke than they were to Temple.
MuskiePimp23
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:11 pm
Contact:

Re: ESPN.com Men's Hoops prestige rankings

Postby MuskiePimp23 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:28 pm

XU Horns wrote:Any chance you can put the math down here. I did it off the top of my head and came up with 175. Clearly the media guide is a better source - just curious where I am off 8 points. Thanks.
Horns, I don't know how to make it any more clear...I summarized my score and came up with 203 total for XU...The same score that Muskie82 came up with on the Xavier Hoops board...That is correct unless they do something weird on conference championship best records...Such as when X and UMASS both were 13-3 2 years ago, I gave us 5 pts? X was the 1 seed, but don't know how ESPN calculates that...Also, I saw uc calculated around 179 so they should be next at #20 and Xavier should be ahead of them...If we have 175 we would have already gone between 21-30 because #21 Florida had 178.
confusedbulldog
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: ESPN.com Men's Hoops prestige rankings

Postby confusedbulldog » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:23 pm

WOOT! Xavier's in at 17!

Ahead of the Bearcats(19) too!
UNC is the Darfur of intelligence.
XU fans don't root for UC football.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1161 guests