OT: Former XU golfer Andy Pope T24 in Illinois Open

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

OT: Former XU golfer Andy Pope T24 in Illinois Open

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:37 am

http://ilpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/ilpg ... rboard.htm

Dan Olsen (T84) is a former Nationwide and PGA tour player, and I played a round in GA (when I was down there for the Masters in '06) with John Wright (T109), who's one of the best amateur players in the state. I didn't know that at the time; I thought he was just another guy taking lessons from the same guy I was. I was stunned to see him blowing it 40-50 yards past me. If I had known he was that good when I played with him, I wouldn't have felt so bad about being the short hitter in the group. (Our 3rd guy played on some European tours, so I was clearly low man on this particular totem pole.)

Mike Small (T4) is the Univ. of Illinois golf coach, who's played in 5 of the last 6 U.S. Opens, and other PGA events.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26811
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Former XU golfer Andy Pope T24 in Illinois Open

Postby muskieman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Aren't you supposed to be down there coaching the young man? Tell him I said you were the '70's version of Tiger.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Former XU golfer Andy Pope T24 in Illinois Open

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:46 pm

I'd be ecstatic to play like a 70-year old Tiger!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26811
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Former XU golfer Andy Pope T24 in Illinois Open

Postby muskieman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Is that false humility I hear?

We know that MOR and you were just given a bad break, or you and MOR would have been the Arnie and Jack!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Former XU golfer Andy Pope T24 in Illinois Open

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:56 pm

No false humility here re my golf game. I can shoot a 77, then go out and shoot a 95, and everything in between. I'm sure MOR is infinitely more consistent, along with just better, than I will ever be.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26811
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Former XU golfer Andy Pope T24 in Illinois Open

Postby muskieman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:15 pm

Mr. Neutral wrote:No false humility here re my golf game. I can shoot a 77, then go out and shoot a 95, and everything in between. I'm sure MOR is infinitely more consistent, along with just better, than I will ever be.
If you do that the other way around they call you a sandbagger.

I was in a tourney at the Hot Springs country club (Arkansas) more than few years back and a few days before the tourney I had been up for 24 hours , I was pulled out on the course instead of sleeping...a few drinks later and a temperature in the high 90s with about 90 plus humidity and I shot my first ever score over hundred. The boys thought they had an easy mark. The day of the tourney I shot a nifty 71....should have been a 69 but blew the last few holes. They still swear that I was a ringer and refused to play me for years. Never shot the plus 100 or the 71 again.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Former XU golfer Andy Pope T24 in Illinois Open

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:33 am

http://ilpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/ilpg ... rboard.htm

Andy Pope had a tough final round (77) and finished T43, but at least he's still out there competing. Hope to hear more from him in the future.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1375 guests