Sean Miller's Words and Beliefs

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Masterofreality
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
Contact:

Sean Miller's Words and Beliefs

Postby Masterofreality » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:59 am

With the express permission of the individual who purchased the CBS Banner at the AFO Golf Outing, and who wishes to remain anonymous, here are the inspirational words of Sean Miller that he wrote on that banner the day after the UCLA loss. Thanks to the donor for the generous auction purchase, and for allowing these words to be posted here.


"People have continually reminded me that teams must "knock on the door" a few times before they can break through. In this case, this sign represents our 2nd time in the Elite 8 vs. UCLA in Phoenix, AZ on March 29, 2008. This is our last knock at this level. The next time - and that day will come at Xavier University - We will take the next step into a Final Four. I "took" this sign as a representation of this thought, dream, goal. We all look forward to striving towards this "bar" everyday. Our belief and passion to reach this height wakes us up every morning to make sure that Xavier University, our program and fans will one day see this happen!

Sean Miller 3/30/08 8:00pm"


If this doesn't send chills up your spine, and make you swell with pride over this coach, this program and this school, I don't know what will.
PAY THE MAN!!!!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Sean Miller's Words and Beliefs

Postby muskieman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:19 am

That is a COACH and a Spirit we all can love. I hope he makes that dream and more. I'd like to see Sean Miller be the "Wizard of Evanston" the second best known person to make his mark or come out of Evanston.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1079 guests