Best rebounding X team ever??

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
brownlavender
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
Contact:

Best rebounding X team ever??

Postby brownlavender » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 pm

I know it's early to start these kind of topics but i'm antsy and can't wait for the season to start. This is a very deep team at pulling down boards. With the loss of Duncan and arrival of Mcclean and Frease as well as the presence of Love, Anderson, and Brown we will be a much better rebounding team this year compared to last year. Of course last year we were also tops in the conference in rebounding. I think this is a much bigger more physical team after going to the scrimmage. If crawford can play this year we almost automatically jump 10 spots in national ranking. Miller said after he's done here he will be the best guard to have ever played at X. I thought he was really hyping him up until i actually seen him play in person. He's better then drew last year and he's only a sophmore. Would be nice to have 2 years of him and Brown together with all our youngsters. Here's to another great year and our first final four
Lead Guitar
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Best rebounding X team ever??

Postby Lead Guitar » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:51 pm

If Crawford is as good as the early hype, are we just renting him for one year or maybe two before he goes to the pros like DeMarr Johnson or Kenny Patterson? fill in the position we need to complement the experience at forward and center?

With Cheeks already out for this year and the outside chance that Walsh's back could be a reason to force him out, maybe Sean sees the same writing on the wall (Crawford leaving early; Brown leaving early) and he encourages the two freshman to get well physically and athletically by sitting out the year. It would even out the classes; allow them to gain experience and strength and be ready for playing time.

I am not one to bring in players for only a year, but that could be the ticket with Crawford.
XUdenver
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Best rebounding X team ever??

Postby XUdenver » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:20 pm

Gentlemen, I think we need to chill out on this 'leaving early' speculation. Unless we have become an overnight stepping stone for NBA players, and unless we are now compiling top 15 talent every year, I think it is pure speculation to assume ANYONE is going to leave X early.

Even David West stayed all 4 years, and I think we all know what his talent level was. Let's just wait and see how this year plays out with Brown and Crawford, then see what the scouts really think. I believe many of you also thought Doellman was the next Larry Bird, as well. Let's not put the cart before the horse, shall we?

PS: According to Draft Express, Brown may not be going anywhere without significant improvement:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Derrick-Brown-1203/
Lead Guitar
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Best rebounding X team ever??

Postby Lead Guitar » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:57 pm

No doubt I would like to see Brown stay around. I do think there is a distinct way in which the NBA assesses players abilities and chances for success. That is why Brown might be more likely to leave.

We all know that David West is a much better all around player than Brown, but the NBA did not see him the way we saw him. They have a tendency to look at the raw abilities like quickness and jumping ability rather than court sense, determination, work ethic.

My assumption regarding Crawford would be based on the fact that he chose Indiana over X the first time around. I am assuming that he felt that he was a legit NBA prospect and that Indiana was going to get him there quicker. Most of these top 100 kids feel they will play at the next level.

From what we have read, Brown has shown well at many of the showcase camps this summer. The fact that he is graduating leaves him with the possible option of being a late first round pick this year and make a couple million or a lottery pick, if he improves and does not get hurt, the following year with an extra million. He could remain a late first rounder and then have lost a million.

I enjoy college basketball and my hope is to have him around two more years. For discussion I threw out the possibilities.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Best rebounding X team ever??

Postby muskieman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Watching McLean rebound I agree that this could be the best rebouning team. We wil really wear a few teams out. I hope they don't rebound so hard they are tipping it away from their own teammates.

I want this team at full strength becaause I want to see how they play when they are all healthy and playing.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 832 guests