My entire education at Xavier was cheaper than one semester room and board at the Chicago Art Institutes building at State and Randolph. Times change.
BTW. gundun, was Louis Lipps still in the building when you were there. Great guy for a prefect but that was when Brockman was brand new in the 55-56 school year when I was there.
at madness
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: at madness
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
-
gundun
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: at madness
No, he wasn't there.
We had Fr. Savage, Fr. Prickel, and for one or two year(s) a football player - Joe Molleman as prefects or floor advisors.
BTW, who was the football player that throw a bucket of water on Fr Savage as he came out of his office and by the phone booth one night when the power was out. He was expecting someone else. The only time I ever saw Savage really mad.
One more fond memory of Brockman --- hanging you beer out the window during the winter.
We had Fr. Savage, Fr. Prickel, and for one or two year(s) a football player - Joe Molleman as prefects or floor advisors.
BTW, who was the football player that throw a bucket of water on Fr Savage as he came out of his office and by the phone booth one night when the power was out. He was expecting someone else. The only time I ever saw Savage really mad.
One more fond memory of Brockman --- hanging you beer out the window during the winter.
-
gym from delhi
- Posts: 733
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: at madness
Fr. Lipps was involved with Milford retreats, at least until a few years ago.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: at madness
gundun wrote:No, he wasn't there.
We had Fr. Savage, Fr. Prickel, and for one or two year(s) a football player - Joe Molleman as prefects or floor advisors.
BTW, who was the football player that throw a bucket of water on Fr Savage as he came out of his office and by the phone booth one night when the power was out. He was expecting someone else. The only time I ever saw Savage really mad.
One more fond memory of Brockman --- hanging you beer out the window during the winter.
I think you just brought back the memory I always pass on to relatives that go to X. I tell them we use to have a fridge, then I tell them it was a plastic bag we would hang out the window....and sometimes it was a freezer.
As for Fr Savage.(God bless his soul)..I was a freshman and getting ready for orientation. Looking at the bulletin board by the registrar's office when a voice behind me says ''Can I help you Mr H*****." I wheel around and there was Fr Savage. said, "how do you know my name". He gave me that parent answer...."I know all my students". That froze me and there were only 2 other times that happened. Once when I walked into Fr Johnson's(God have mercy on his soul) political philosophy class in my ROTC uniform wearing a black armband. The second was when on one of our road trips with a certain organization I belong to and was business manager...the boys trashed this motel room in Detroit and someone did a swan dive into the motel pool when it had a cover on it, Fr O'Conner(God bless his soul) caught up with me in front of the bookstore saying, "Ed, I heard there was a little trouble at the motel the other night"....being completely blameless I stammered...whaaat happened.......he proceeds to tell me about everything that was broken including the bed. Then he said: "did you really think the case of empties, used as one bed leg, wouldn't be noticed?" that was the last time I didn't have an answer for someone.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
Re: at madness
If I may act as Mr Interlocutor for MM on this last post, Fr. Johnson was among the most politically conservative Jesuits I have ever met, and his rep at Xavier was pretty well known. MM what were you THINKING? I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that one!
As a further aside, wouldn't the Cadet Commander or almost any cadre officer have ripped you for walking on campus with an armband on your uni?
I sort of liked ROTC drill (though making Johnnie Schott the flag guy, long blond hair out of his hat, hillarious) and even the courses: Organization of the Army, Map reading (if you are going to be a FO for an artillery battery, better not call a shot down on your own head)...now Im going to have to find my transcript to remember the other two courses.
Ok Im as old as dirt.
As a further aside, wouldn't the Cadet Commander or almost any cadre officer have ripped you for walking on campus with an armband on your uni?
I sort of liked ROTC drill (though making Johnnie Schott the flag guy, long blond hair out of his hat, hillarious) and even the courses: Organization of the Army, Map reading (if you are going to be a FO for an artillery battery, better not call a shot down on your own head)...now Im going to have to find my transcript to remember the other two courses.
Ok Im as old as dirt.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: at madness
What was funny about that was I worked over at the armory for socks and shoes. Fr J and I got along because I was one of his star students. Then again I always got along with both sides of the political spectrum.CarlosTheJackal wrote:If I may act as Mr Interlocutor for MM on this last post, Fr. Johnson was among the most politically conservative Jesuits I have ever met, and his rep at Xavier was pretty well known. MM what were you THINKING? I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that one!
As a further aside, wouldn't the Cadet Commander or almost any cadre officer have ripped you for walking on campus with an armband on your uni?
I sort of liked ROTC drill (though making Johnnie Schott the flag guy, long blond hair out of his hat, hillarious) and even the courses: Organization of the Army, Map reading (if you are going to be a FO for an artillery battery, better not call a shot down on your own head)...now Im going to have to find my transcript to remember the other two courses.
Ok Im as old as dirt.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1052 guests
