Xavier Bar in Atlanta?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
xu in atl
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:39 pm
Contact:

Xavier Bar in Atlanta?

Postby xu in atl » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you knew of any place that showed Xavier games in Atlanta...? Comcast doesn't offer FSN Ohio in Georgia (go figure) so I'm lookin for a way to watch the games. Any help you may have would be great! Thanks!
XavierMatt
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Bar in Atlanta?

Postby XavierMatt » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:56 pm

The best way to catch the most Xavier games seems to be to get DirecTV and purchase the sports pak. Sorry I can't offer any help about ATL.
madness31
Posts: 2200
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Bar in Atlanta?

Postby madness31 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Not sure about bars, etc but you can check with DirecTV and Dish Network. I'm able to get every X game this season in Columbus through Dish Network for a reasonable price. I can't remember which one but one of them offers all regional fox sports channels as an add on so you should be able to get the games that way. If you go with DirecTV you should be aware that you are locked into the package you choose for 18 months and with DirecTV for 24 months. The package prices posted are good for 12 months only and then go up $23 per month unless you get the basic package which is their standard price. Dish Network lets you downgrade at any point for a one time fee of $5 everytime you downgrade. They also let you pay $50 up front to avoid the 2 year contract and their posted prices are regular price. I'll be set-up Friday before the game starts.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Bar in Atlanta?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:43 pm

Per XU's website, you might want to contact the Atlanta chapter President:

Terri Matthews-Davis '79
atlanta@xavier.edu
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
xu in atl
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Bar in Atlanta?

Postby xu in atl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks for all the info! If I lived by myself, I would def get DirecTV but I have roommates and I don't own the place, so the owner wanted Comcast (which is lame) and I tried emailing the President of Atlanta alumni chapter a couple weeks ago with no luck, he didn't reply :-/

If I don't get all the games here, this could be a loooong season....but again, thanks for the info and if anyone has any more suggestions, that'd be great also! Thanks!
somebody
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Bar in Atlanta?

Postby somebody » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:55 pm

I live near Columbus and my circumstances dictate that I use TWC so likewise have problems. My problems only seem to occur when the game is on Fox Sports Ohio and there is a Cavs or BJs game scheduled. I know TWC has an "alternate" FSOH channel for "conflicts" but TWC advised me that their deal with XU precluded carrying those games there ... go figure. I can get the CBS Sports channel on a special tier so it is only some Fox Sports games I will miss as usual. Looks like there is a Blue Jackets game on Friday but hopefully the Toledo game will be on Monday.

The other option I use is to check channelsurfing.net or the video player on the Xavier website. I think they did some there last year that I could not otherwise get but think at times they wanted $10 which is a little steep to watch it streaming.

If anybody has any other ideas I too would be happy to know, other than satellite or a bar. :D

It's just what somebody thinks ...

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 784 guests